“Blue Mountains Tour 2/28/2017”

Sydney Great Escapes - Blue Mountains Day Tours
Ranked #43 of 252 Outdoor Activities in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Sydney Great Escapes is a family owned and run business. We pride ourselves on being able to provide you with a unique insight and memorable experience. We specialise in smaller, more personalised, boutique tours. Our late model Mercedes sprinters carry a maximum of 14 passengers, they have been uniquely designed with extra leg room, extra height and reclining coach seats, for that more comfortable ride. Our team of tour guides has been handpicked for their vast experience of local knowledge and represent our company with pride. We have guides who are specialised in the Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley, Port Stephens, and Sydney areas. You can be guaranteed that your guide will have a wealth of knowledge on whichever tour you take.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Great tour of the Blue Mountains. Guide Rob was entertaining, knowledgable and knows how to tell a story. Not only did we see the sights, we also learned many historical facts about the history of Sydney and the surrounding area. We highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Prompt pick up
Small tour group
6 in total
Crap weather nothing that can be done about it .. so make the best of it and that's what I felt Rob did .
We all had a great time with picture taking with the koala Bears , the wild life park was fantastic .
Wild kangaroo siting also very interesting .
Lunch at the old manor was delicious .. we had the fish
Unfortunately Blue mountain was covered in fog and lit rain
We took all the rides ... steep train , both cable cars
Didn't do the stairs down as it was raining and slippery .
We were dropped off at the to take ferry home ,my suggestion here was make sure you have a map to find your way back to hotel .

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I took the Blue Mountains Day Tour a couple weeks ago with Rob. Rob was great. It was awesome to have a local show us around and tell us a little bit about Sydney, the Blue Mountains and everything we saw in between. There were 9 of us total on the trip, so it was a small enough group to get to know some of the other people. We both really enjoyed how it was a tour away from all of the other tours. We left Sydney early and beat the other traffic heading out to the mountains. The itinerary was great. The lunch was fantastic. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Pleasant guy, very friendly, funny and knowledgable... but I reckon for every 1 minute of info he gave us about Sydney he gave us 2 mins of info about his family. Yes, I know how much his dad 'apparently' got paid off for land, what his wife does, his legal battles and his sons budding football career. What do I know about Sydney and the blue mountains? Well whatever I did learn was over ridden by how rich Robs dad is, where his mum was buried, how spoilt his son is and where they go on their 100 holidays each year.
The weather was grim give him his due, Rob tried to make it fun regardless. Lunch was distinctly average in a weird time warp hotel with little character... even a cafe with a view would have ripped it.... We went spotting wild kangaroos and then headed up to Scenic world in the hope mist would clear. Another $39 dollars later we met Rob outside the entrance and he drove us in pretty much silence to a ferry port to get back to Circular Quay/Darling Harbour.
It was tough weather conditions and I think he did the best he could considering the weather, however I feel totally ripped off. I met someone today who did exactly the same tour with less than 15 people and paid nearly half the price- and had a fabulous lunch stop with great food with a view.
Not really top of my highlights...

4  Thank MissGTickler
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Thank you Rob for making this a day to remember from the minute you promptly picked us up till you dropped us back for our ferry ride home. Rob was informative, humorous, helpful and knowledgeable and not just about his home country but about everyone's who had joined the trip. He brought the group together well. We loved all the 'off piste' stops that would have been inaccessible in a large coach. Robs minibus was comfortable and cool - a blessing today. We learnt a lot about the history of Australia and its culture. I loved my cuddle with the koala and wallabies. Our food was well cooked, presented well and enjoyed by all. A fabulous day that was enjoyed by all many thanks Rob.
Sandy Claire & Rhia(the local)

2  Thank Sandy B