“Sydney Best Guide”

Sydney Great Escapes - Blue Mountains Day Tours
Ranked #44 of 255 Outdoor Activities in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Sydney Great Escapes is a family owned and run business. We pride ourselves on being able to provide you with a unique insight and memorable experience. We specialise in smaller, more personalised, boutique tours. Our late model Mercedes sprinters carry a maximum of 14 passengers, they have been uniquely designed with extra leg room, extra height and reclining coach seats, for that more comfortable ride. Our team of tour guides has been handpicked for their vast experience of local knowledge and represent our company with pride. We have guides who are specialised in the Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley, Port Stephens, and Sydney areas. You can be guaranteed that your guide will have a wealth of knowledge on whichever tour you take.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed this experience with Rob, our tour guide and driver. He was on time picking us up from the hotel and his vehicle was modern and clean. This is an all day adventure learning about the history of Australia. Rob was very informative on the culture and entertained us with plenty of laughs throughout the day. Rob was more than able to answer all questions that we asked about Australia, even with moving to Australia. I highly suggest choosing this tour, as it will introduce you to Australia in a very unique way.

We wish you the best Rob and your son through his education and athletic abilities.

Thanks,
T & Jae

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

We booked this tour based on the great reviews we'd read and we weren't disappointed. Firstly communication to book on the tour was quick and simple. Despite the rain we were picked up from our hotel and set off for the day. I was slightly nervous as there were only 4 of us on the tour (which I'm told is very unusual) but Rob made the day fun and enjoyable with his stories and knowledge which he happily shared. The wild park we visited was good, and we were first in the queue to get our pictures taken with the koala's. The weather wasn't great, so the view of the Blue Mountains was very poor, however Rob had lots of ideas up his sleeve to keep us entertained. Thanks for a great day, Rob!

2  Thank Rachel E
Reviewed 15 December 2016

My wife and I went on this tour during a five day break in Sydney and it proved to be one of the highlights of our trip. It was a long day, meeting Rob at 7-30am and not returning to the city until 6-00pm but it was indeed a day to remember.
The scenery throughout the day was spectacular, the zoo trip a delight, the lunchtime meal was excellent (although the hotel seemed in a time warp but in its own way added to the charm), the afternoon trip to Scenic World was particularly frightening for me personally as I do not like those sorts of heights but I lived to tell the tale! The trip on the ferry to Circular Quay was a relaxing end to a very enjoyable and tiring day.
The trip, however, would not have been the same without our super guide Rob who's enthusiasm, depth of knowledge and conversation were a delight!
Give the trip a try as you will certainly end up with a day to remember!

Reviewed 10 December 2016

My husband and I had a great day out with Rob who was very knowledgeable, fun and humorous and got us to the sights early so we avoided the crowds. Everything was laid on for you to get the best from the day. I would definitely book this Blue Mountains tour again or any other tour with this company and feel assured that we would have a good time. Thank you for the little koalas too - grandchildren love them!

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

A wonderful day out with Rob, a warm, generous Aussie with a great sense of humour and a wealth of anecdotes ranging from fire fighting to football to Australian history and knowledge of the mountains etc. The other reviews will tell you what you'll be doing - but if you want the personal touch with laughter and taking your time, Rob's your man.