Open today: 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
Review Highlights
Excellent Surf Holiday Camp Experience

My 12yr old son has done a few of Ryan's surfing holiday camps and has absolutely loved them. Ryan... read more

Reviewed 11 October 2018
SLargier
via mobile
Easy hassle free surf lesson

My cousins were visiting from the US and wanted to have a surf lesson in the Northern Beaches. Ryan... read more

Reviewed 17 July 2018
Brian M

All reviews private lesson northern beaches their lives a lot of fun amazing experience teacher waves teaching session crew instructions
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The Surf camp with Manly Surf Guide was the highlight of my trip to Sydney. I initially booked the 2 days learn to Surf Camp, but it was so much fun, that I had to extend it for another day.
Ryan and its instructors are friendly, relaxed and motivating people. They adapt to each one's personal abilities, still pushing you to your limits (to improve).
Having a student/teacher ratio of 5:1 really helps you getting on the board easily. They also support you paddling out, which is as much fun as surfing back to the beach. Special thanks goes to Danny - paddling out with him was a heap of fun.
Surfing demands a certain level of fitness, but with the help of the instructors standing up is feasible at end of the first day.
I definitely recommend Manly Surf Guide to everybody and I'll be back :)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

When you want to try out surfing and you are around Sydney I highly recommend to book a "Learn to Surf Camp" at Manly Surf Guide. Ryan and his instructors are really friendly and give you a great advice for the surf basics.
During the whole day they care about you and help you to have fun in the waves. The instructors go in the water with you and help you to get out and catch some good waves. Besides they show you some awesome places in Sydney's Northern Beaches.
Within 2 Days I was able to stand up and start some turnings.
It was a nice experience and I will definitely keep surfing.

1  Thank MacNue
RyanHayfield, Owner at Manly Surf Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your great feed back. My staff and I always put 100% effort into our teaching and make sure that every one has a fun day. It's a great feeling when our customers leave stoked at the end of the day. Hope to see you in the surf again, Ryan Hayfield Owner

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Small group, great gear, wonderful instructors and a really professional business. Thanks for an excellent surfing experience and great value.

1  Thank Graeme J

Hi Jen,

Thanks for the positive feedback.
Small class sizes is the key factor that sets us apart from the other surf schools.
Our avrage class size is around 6 students.
Glad you had fun. Happy Surfing,
Ryan Hayfield Owner

Reviewed 14 November 2013

For years I have wanted to try surfing again. It can be intimidating knowing where to start. I found Manly Surf Guide and booked a group beginners adventure for Nov 9th. I loved every minute... Ryan's instructions made it so easy. Both he and Danny were great coaches... patient and above all, helped us relax and have fun! They provide everything you need - even lunch and transfers. I booked my kids in for private lessons the very next weekend... If you've ever wanted to learn to surf I highly recommend Manly Surf Guide.

1  Thank SingaporeGemsGirl

Hi Lisa,

Glad you had fun surfing with us, The One Day Beginners Surf Adventure is the most popular surf package we offer and it is perfect for first timers and beginner surfers. You get plenty of time in the water and a lot of assistance due to the small clas sizes.

Looking forward to teaching your kids on the weekend.
Ryan Hayfield Owner

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We booked a private lesson for two teenagers with absolutely no surf experience. Ryan picked us up and took us to a great little beach. He was warm, encouraging and supportive, and both boys tasted success during their lesson. They say that once you get up, you never want to stop!
I'd highly recommend this as a highlight of our holiday.

Ryan was also attentive to the needs of the parents left on the beach, suggesting where to get a drink and some shade during the lesson.

We booked one hour, as we felt it could be very tiring, but they weren't that tired and 1.5 hrs would have given more time to consolidate and gain confidence.

Date of experience: October 2013

Hi Jules,

Thanks for the review. The boys did really well and I'm glad they are now hooked and love surfing.
Hope to see you all again next time you're in Sydney.

Ryan Hayfield