“Fresh, yummy and FREE wi-fi!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 5,733 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: USD 5 - USD 11
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: The Rocks
Description: Tucked away on Kendall lane, the oldest laneway in The Rocks, The Fine Food Store has been a much-loved favourite of locals for over 10 years. Recently revealing its Brooklyn-inspired renovation, this cool and contemporary cafe offers a succinct menu of fresh and tasty offerings from braised-pork sliders to salmon gravlax with fennel salad. They pride themselves on the highest standard in coffee, from cold brewed to single origin espresso - to be enjoyed at a picturesque window seat or to-go when you're on the run.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Fresh, yummy and FREE wi-fi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Found this place wandering around in the Rocks and so glad we did. It's tucked away in the back of the Rocks Center. We were staying in Circular Quay, this was a 10 min. walk from out hotel. Great place for breakfast or lunch, delicious coffee and there is free wi-fi, which is hard to find in Australia. Highly recommend.

• Visited February 2012
8 Thank hilrow212

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
Sydney
“Hip little cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Hidden in the Rocks, The Fine Food Store cooks a great breakfast. The baked beans received a great review however I found them a little spicy so early in the morning.

Great coffee and a good selection of breakfast options.

6 Thank oneinvestment
Sydney, Australia
“All my favourite food under one roof!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

This place has my favourite brand of coffee (Campos), my favourite tea (T2), my favourite chocolate (Max Brenner), and my favourite olive oil (Pukkah Estate). It's like they made this place for me!
I had a quinoa and brown rice salad that was awesome. Definitely coming back here.

8 Thank IntrepidTraveller98
Geelong, Australia
“Best coffee in The Rocks!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Best breakie so far & best coffee I've had since being in Sydney. Am a self proclaimed coffee snob who has been trying all the coffee in The Rocks in the last 3 days. This is the BEST!!!

10 Thank walters_clan
Brisbane
“A hidden gem amongst The Rocks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

We turned up to The Rocks Markets this morning. And decent cafes to have a nice breakfast seemed to be in very short supply. So I asked a friendly stall holder for advice and she directed us to this hidden gem.

It is down the back of The Rocks Centre. It was busy but I didn't feel rushed or in the way of other diners. I felt like I was in a little Sanctuary away from the crazy city.

My garlic aioli poached egss were fabulous. My husband was happy with his scrambled eggs. I read a supplied paper whilst waiting for the food to arrive.

If you are in the area, try it. It was a fabulous find for us.

• Visited January 2012