“Great guided tour of Sydney. Fun, informative and useful.”
Review of Peek Tours Sydney

Balmain Pub Walking Tour
Ranked #84 of 352 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Home of the famous Rocks Pub Walking Tour!The Rocks Pub Walk:Tread in the footsteps of the convicts, larrikin gangs & locals of the past as you share a drink in 3 of Sydney's oldest pubs. Between watering holes, your guide will take you through the alleys & cobbled streets of The Rocks as they share the gossip, shouts and stories of Australia's first European settlement. The Bondi Beach Tour walking tour with Bronte and Coogee extensions runs daily in summer!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Only found out about this from a chance discussion with someone who had been on it. Even though we'd been to Sydney several times before, and have family living here, we found the tour very informative and have even been able to tell Sydney residents a few things they didn't know about! Our guide made it fun and clearly had a vast knowledge of Sydney. Wear shoes you can walk in - the walk lasts for about 3 hours. If you're only in Sydney for a short time, this tour gives a great overview of the city. The walk is free, but donations requested.

2  Thank Marise M

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Arrived in the morning, and this was the first thing we did in Sydney. I would recommend to do this tour first as an overview of the city, if you have the chance. The tour started promptly at the Customs House and lasted several hours. It included a slightly awkward 20-30 minute lunch break (not much choice in the area but a convenience store and fruit stand). You may want to bring some snacks instead. And wear comfortable shoes, as there is quite a bit of easy walking involved.
The tour was fun and interesting. I saw and learned things I would not have been aware of otherwise. It ended overlooking the Opera House and Harbour Bridge and was a very nice way to start our trip. Definitely worth a decent tip!

1  Thank SoReCa
Reviewed 29 January 2012

It started with the clear message about the need to tip on this 'free' tour and continued with a jocular tour full of jokes and "Austalianisms". Not for anyone who wanted depth or a grasp of history but certainly a bit of fun and a great overview of a beautiful city. We were happy to tip!!

1  Thank TCPP
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We did the tour after we had been in Sydney for a couple of days - I think to do it when one arrives would give a good overall 'view' of Sydney. Our excellent guide (unfortunately I can't remember his name) was able to tell us all about the museums etc and the costs thereof. I would definitely recommend this free (tips are well deserved though!) walking tour and would take some notes on the way in order to plan what you would like to go back to see in more detail or to go to some of the places recommended by the guide.

1  Thank Cindy-Sevasti
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I joined on a very rainy day in January with no expectations at all, and it turned out to be 3 very fun and entertaining hours. Prior to travelling to Sydney, I had booked another trip with a larger company which I did the day after the Peek tour, and there is no comparison, the Peek tour was in a different league than the large commercial one.

Walking is the best way of experiencing the city, and Gregg was really knowledgable and fun, and gave us great tips of things to do and places to go. I would definately recommend this tour in Sydney to everyone I know (and everyone I don't know).