“Stunning day opening my eyes to the beauty of New South Wales” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sydney Coast Walks - Day Walks

Sydney Coast Walks - Day Walks
Ranked #100 of 336 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: With some of Sydney's best natural beauty only accessible on foot, Sydney Coast Walks provides guided walking tours of the city's national parks. The privately guided hikes of Sydney Harbour National Park and Royal National Park enables you to reconnect with nature and experience the wonder of Sydney's outdoors. From easy half day and full day walks, to more challenging overnight hikes, choose a walk to suit your style. Full of interesting commentary including aboriginal sites, history and native plants and animals, you'll leave with a greater understanding and appreciation for the unique environment you're walking through.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stunning day opening my eyes to the beauty of New South Wales”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

The tour guide couldn't have been better. He was interesting, knowledgable, helpful and caring. The day was absolutely perfect. I have recommended the tour to my family and friends. It has made my holiday in Australia!

Visited October 2011

Sharon, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing coastal hike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

We enjoyed a vigorous walk along the coast and inside the bush. The views from the beach and the cliffs were amazing and worth the effort. Our guide Ian was incredibly knowledgeable, and took his time to identify the birds, the flora, the trees, and tie them to Australian history or Aboriginal culture. The aboriginal paintings at Jibbon were fascinating. Ian carefully elaborated on them. Ian is serious about his craft but makes the tour light and fun. I can't recommend this enough!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Rob848688
State College, Pennsylvania, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“We had a great hike...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

through Royal National Park with our Royal Coast guide. The half-day walk was not particularly taxing. (The ferry ride across from Cronulla was the roughest part!) Our knowledgeable guide took us through some terrific scenery, describing the plants and birds that we saw, and eventually to the aboriginal rock carvings (which we could never have found on our own, even if we had had a map.) Good value, great time. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank nec111
Lancaster, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Breath-taking...in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

I went on the two day Wattamolla hiking and campling extravaganza, and had an amazing time. The first day was a relatively gentle pace - and we were eased into our day with lots of interesting information and stories about the local area, wildlife and history. The pace soon picked up though, and the sights got better. We were more than well looked after, with lunch and snacks provided, as well as a very welcome BBQ to end an energetic day.
Day two started with an early morning wake up call from the Kookaburra chorus, and cooked breakfast. We soon set off and this day was much more challenging - but the sights and views were worth every step. I arrived at Wattamolla feeling exhausted but exhilarated - an absolutely wonderful experience all round. Thanks Ian and the Royal Coast Walks Support Crew!!

Visited December 2010
Sydney, Australia
“Very informative and extremely enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

The walk started at Jibbon with checking out aboriginal carvings and then headed south along the coast. The scenery was just amazing. I had a fabulous time with the views of coastline, ocean and bush. Ian judged the walk to suit my interests and fitness and I was very pleased to finish the walk exhilarated from the what we had seen and from the exercise.
The chance to meet some different people, especially talking over lunch, just added to the day.
A great experience. I can now bore my family with some fabulous photos.

Visited May 2011