Lowest prices for your stay
FourPoints.com
Algotels
AU$190
yli1310
Currans Hill, Australia
Loved our stay at this hotel!
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Oct 2023via mobile
We loved our stay at Four Points by Sheraton. We stayed for one night with our 4 year old as a bit of a staycation. The service was great, the front desk offered us a drink on arrival and we got straight into our room.

The room itself is spacious and has everything you need for a short stay. Our son slept on the side bed which was really comfy, as was the big king bed. My husband took my son to watch a show and I got some time to relax and watch tv, I also took the opportunity to order room service which was great - the club sandwich was delish!

Breakfast the next morning was great, eggs to order and plenty to choose from at the buffet.

Location was great, close to Haymarket and central station. Will definitley stay again next time we need a hotel in the city.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • travelup.com
    AU$296
    AU$294
View more hotels in Sydney
All reviews central park mall kensington street walk in shower upgraded to a suite modern hotel front desk staff stay there again the room service menu coffee machine easy walking distance public transport room was spacious breakfast buffet short stroll good size bed and pillows house keeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2023 via mobile

I am currently staying in the Four Points. Very comfortable and clean with great facilities. Very good choice for breakfast and staff are so friendly and helpful. Special call out for Julie in the dining room who was so understanding when I spilled my juice everywhere. Highly recommended overall.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Fintan S
Reviewed 1 September 2023

Fantastic hotel. Not at all what I would expect from a Four Points Sheraton, so much better. Even better than some of the Westin and Marriott hotels. The room was very clean, comfortable and in excellent condition. The breakfast buffet was superb. They also do eggs made to order. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. If I ever am back in Sydney, I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrisbA8775QZ
Reviewed 23 August 2023 via mobile

Total honesty, I chose this hotel because it was the cheapest Marriott in Sydney and I'd rather be tired and walk everywhere (or take a train 10 min away or spend a few bucks on Uber once and a while) than spend 100's more a night somewhere else. However, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel and the surrounding area. I would absolutely choose to stay at this hotel again, if in Sydney.

We came in very early. Too early to check in so Noah pre-checked us in and let us leave our bags. He was gracious enough to give us time to use the restrooms and take what we needed before putting the bags away. We ended up eating and seeing a movie next door. Noah actually called early because they did their best to make sure we got into our rooms. I appreciated this so much. Noah was also really good about giving us a late check-out. I mean I have "guaranteed" 2pm check-out but he made sure that our key would operate after 11am and all that.

Everyone at the check-in counter was nice and personable. Actually, every employee we came into contact with was this way.

The room itself was large and well equipped. The bed was great for sleeping and I loved the way the drapes were placed to keep out the maximum amount of light out. The thermostat worked well for us. We had a great view on the 18th floor (but my parents on the 13th had a less sunlit version.) I appreciate that they left cream for us in the mini fridge. This isn't an oversight by housekeeping to clear old items from the fridge. The hotel provided the extended shelf life cream. The only things I wasn't a big fan of were the narrow doors and the low water pressure. We made due though.

The surrounding area is full of a lot of young people (there's a college across the street) but that meant there was a lot of good food at good pricing around. We ate at Spice Alley twice, we loved it so much.

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Catajae94
Reviewed 2 August 2023 via mobile

Stayed here while attending two games of the Woman’s World Cup.
The location is superb! Just two blocks from the Central Station you are literally steps away from anything in Sydney.
The building and general aspect of the hotel gives you a clue of how good the stay is going to be.
The staff not only acknowledges you but shows real interest in serving you.
Rooms (I stayed in two) are top notch with no glitches. Comfortable bed and great pillows. Plenty of space to enjoy your time there.
Bathrooms are huge and full of small details.
Special mention to the bar. Due to my status at Bonvoy I received a free cocktail and… it came with a bag of popcorn recently done! Nothing beats just-made pop corn.
Great value for a stay a Sydney outside the most “touristy” areas

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2023

A second tier Marriott property offering a more economical price (~300 AUD a night vs. 600 for the Sheraton or Mariott hotel closer to Circular Quay) but lacking the nicieties, e.g., no concierage lounge , or location. However, it is close (a 10 min walk) to the central train station so most things are a 15 min train ride or 30 min walk away..

As a lifetime titanium elite, we did get the buffet style breakfast tossed in for free and an "upgrade" to an upper story room so we had a view of something other than the side of another building (although our view was looking off towards the airport rather than downtown, but still nice).

The breakfast was okay. Basically scrambled eggs, sausage, and bacon every day with some selection of fresh fruit, etc. However, we found the hot food every day to be barely above room temperature, so they could do a lot better. For free, it is okay, but they charge most people 40 AUD for the privilege so you might seek out alternatives. We didn't go shopping for restaurants in the neighborhood, but what we saw were almost exclusively serving Chinese or Asian food catering to the local population living in the area. There is a good size supermarket a few blocks away where we stocked up on snacks and baked goods (pricy, but good breads, tarts, etc.).

The upkeep of the rooms and public spaces is generally pretty good - no damaged or stained furniture, etc. Rooms are fairly well laid out but only have local style power outlets (be sure to bring an adaptor). There is a small, kind of anemic little refrigerator, but no microwave. Fortunately in addition to the fancy coffee maker, our room at least still had an old fashioned electric tea kettle which worked great for making hot tea.

You'll need it as while there is a thermostat, it appeared to be overridden by whatever the hotel thinks the temperature in your room should be - particularly at night they kept it pretty chilly, but it does warm up to an acceptable temperature during the day.

We didn't want housekeeping, so kept the do not disturb sign out all the time we were there. About halfway through our stay, housekeeping put a note about missing us so guess they must only do up rooms after three nights more or less. We noticed when we checked in there was still a carton of milk left by a previous occupant in the refrigerator with a Dec 2022 expiration date, so not sure their housekeeping is up to snuff in any case. Our first night we were also woken up at about 2 am by the provided alarm clock so another miss by the staff (they should be checking this whenever someone checks out to clear any alarm settings - we fixed the problem by just yanking the cord for the thing out of the wall, but after a 15 hour flight no one should have to put up with a random alarm going off in the middle of the night).

Overall, this is an okay place to stay if you're trying to keep nightly hotel charges down. but it is by no means a bargain given the shortcomings of the establishment.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Kerri Hamilton, Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2023

Dear interceptpubs,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback and review our hotel through TripAdvisor.

Please rest assured that I have shared your feedback with our operational leadership team including our Executive Chef to review our breakfast offerings. I am glad that you enjoyed our rooms, please note that adaptors and microwaves are items that can be requested through our Front Office team.

I sincerely apologise for the issues you experienced with our Housekeeping team, these have been shared with our Executive Housekeeper for further training and development of our team.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel should your travels bring you back to Sydney.

Warm regards,