Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2020

Hotel is actually great. Affordable, nice room, easy check in, however if you ever have the extreme disfortune of meeting the bald manager in the morning while he is cleaning the rooms,.well safe to say you won't return.

His attitude was arrogant and he came across as a truly garbage person. Having such a gross person working there it's a good choice they have electronic check in locks and no reception staff.

I've also had 3 clients I've booked their express feedback.

To the gentleman in question, put your head out of your behind, and learn some class.

Your sub standard conduct drags down what is actually a very decent budget property.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2020 via mobile

One of these hotels that I spent there like no one else. It was a very unique experience, with all of its pros and cons.

Hotel rooms (in the true meaning) are pieces of art, which every room has its own name and a designer touch. The Hotel is located in a tranquil town of Camperdown, near UniSydney and few steps to bus station.

The team there is the best part. Special thanks for Ash, Sammy, Mia, Vee, Karl, Mali, and Chris for their great efforts towards the hotel guests.

I have just a few notes that I wish hotel management to consider :

1- Every new guest came here has the same dilemma; searching for the reception desk. Either way, you make it clear in booking or getting a one at the entrance.
2- I wish the room has TVs, similar to your other hotels.
3- It's really annoying that the rooms don't have clothes closet. Hangers can not be q replacement.
4- I have noticed that Quality is degraded over time. I know COVID has it's role over the hotels, but this hotel doesn' deserve this.

All the best, and see you soon.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 418tamk
Reviewed 27 June 2020

We usually book in the CBD for our leisure trips to Sydney, but were looking for a change. What a great find The Collectionist is! We were shown a choice of pre-booked 'The Tinkerer' range rooms on arrival, and the one we selected was spacious, clean and had great quirky decor. The bathroom was also huge and the personal balcony large. Complete with kitchenette and a King bed this was a perfect place to stay, and the price we scored was crazy ($115). Just a 10 minute stroll from the bustle of Newtown's King St and all the dining and shopping options that brings, the noise level from our street facing room was silent. Being a block from the RPA we might have expected to hear Ambulance sirens in the night, but none... perhaps we got lucky. Check in and out was smooth, we had no trouble with street parking and didn't miss the lack of room TV (plenty of fast wi-fi for free). The bed was firm but not too hard and the pillows comfy. We found a great Japanese restaurant for dinner in under 10 minutes walk through Camperdown, and breakfast the next day was just around the corner. We'll certainly return to The Collectionist for future stays.

Date of stay: June 2020
Reviewed 2 May 2020 via mobile

Really nice room. Clean and comfortable. We stayed in the black room with the clouds painting. The lighting was a bit dark but other than that great hotel and experience. Provided late check out for free when we asked :)
Nice balcony and fast WiFi too.

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2020 via mobile

This was perfect for me. I wanted somewhere relatively close to the airport after flying in from the UK at 7am. A taxi cost $35 to get there. It was easy to find. I was allowed to check in early and arrived at about 830am. I was warmly greeted by Mia and was given a choice of stylish rooms. The bed was very comfortable and it was very quiet. I loved the patio garden! The kitchenette was a plus too. Free beer and wine from the fridge during an evening happy hour was also a nice touch. Great location and only a few minutes pleasant walk to the local park and 10/15 minutes to Newtown. Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: March 2020