“5 Star Hotel with stunning views with generous & delicious meals”
Review of Atelier by Sofitel

Atelier by Sofitel
Ranked #845 of 6,624 Restaurants in Sydney
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had international guests from overseas and my Brother in-law and Sister in-law had dined at this restaurant 4 times in 6 weeks. I was so impressed by the politeness of the staff, very welcoming and attentive. I ordered eye fillet steak and I was gobsmacked on the generous portion of the steak. Sadly, I could only eat half (as I don't like not finishing my meal). We really wanted dessert, but there was just no room. I also ordered a cocktail which was absolutely divine. I am so much looking forward to return soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The absolute highlight was a share plate of pork back ribs. Very generous serving with great kipfer potatoes and a pleasant rocket salad. Very little fat,perfectly cooked. sticky,juicy and tender. As I said perfectThe slight sweetness meant it didn't really like the red wine. So drink white or better still one of the good beers on tap.
The one disappointment was a starting glass of Piper's Brook sparkling white. A miserable portion and it was flat.... Back it went no problem but that just shouldn't happen at this price point.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The breakfast is fantastic with a large fresh range. The staff are very helpful and very professional.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Staff training needs urgent attention. After lining up with others for some time on arrival, a group of people walked to the front of the queue and were immediately offered a table. The waiter's excuse was 'They had a booking...', but so did we!

We found the menu substantial but without adventure. Fish lovers will like it. Service was busy but again, the waiter found difficulty distinguishing the kinds of bread on offer. We helped.

The Sydney rock oysters were magnificent: fresh, simply presently and delicious. The Barramundi was perfectly cooked and well presented. Our two fish gourmets praised the dish. My friend and I had two of the best steaks we've ever had in Australia: simply mouth-watering, full-flavoured beef, expertly cooked. But the broccolini and chips were cold (very) and were returned to the kitchen. The warm versions arrived long after the steak was mostly gone.

The surroundings are sumptuous if one likes modern crafted timber. The space is relatively quiet for conversation. Once the staff have the skills to match their surroundings (like the other Sydney Sofitel), this restaurant will earn accolades.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

This French restaurant has a friendly and efficient service with wonderful ambience and atmosphere for a laid back and relaxed lunch. The food was superb - fresh and tasty with surprises in every dish. The drinks menu was brilliant and had a great spread of choice and prices. The timing was excellent and all 12 menus were served fresh at the same moment with no lags in waiting. My wife and I are fortunate to have travelled extensively and for great food in our home town of Sydney at a competitive price and in a lovely setting this is worth a visit. If you are not happy here I suggest you stay at home! Thank you Atelier we will return!

1  Thank Richard A