Lowest prices for your stay
AU$299
Erin L

Clean, beautiful and convenient

Review of Mrs Banks Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 July 2022
I stayed here for 1 night last month and loved it!
Had an event in Paddington and it was a perfect location to come back to after a night out.
The service was lovely, the complimentary pastries and coffee was appreciated.
Love supporting independent business too.
Would certainly recommend!
  • travelup.com
    AU$302
3.3 km from Mrs Banks Hotel
View more hotels in Sydney
All reviews oxford st centennial park great shower free breakfast room was spotless every morning excellent stay perfect location paddington cbd
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 April 2021 via mobile

My partner and I drove from Melbourne to see “Hamilton” and stayed at Mrs Banks for 3 nights.Dylan and his team were welcoming and provided great recommendations for local cafes, wine bars and restaurants. Our room was clean, modern, quiet and comfortable. Check in/out was efficient. Easy bus ride into CBD. We would definitely go back and recommend to friends seeking an alternative to a large CBD or Darling Harbour type accommodation.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2021 via mobile

We were once again delighted with our stay at Mrs Banks. Dylan and team made us feel so relaxed and welcome and nothing was any trouble.
This hotel is such a gem in Sydney’s east and is our favourite.
Highly recommend to anyone - we stayed a week and felt so comfortable and homely.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2021

With all the lockdowns of Covid and everything this past year has brought I have reflected on past travels and been meaning to get back to my reviews. I was here March 2020 with a friend. I had booked two rooms (1 each) and I was disappointed with the receptionist when I approached him about the noise of the room at the front after my first night stay with the idea of asking if I could downgrade my room from the most expensive to one of the smaller ones at the back, but he took everything as personal. His reaction was off the wall, he was so incredibly rude and nasty that I was shaking, I am quite diplomatic but I was surprised, I was thinking 'Do you speak to your Mother like that", I was floored. My career has been in customer service training, in very difficult cases, this was not difficult and yet he went nuclear. He insisted that they had double glazing. They DO NOT but yes a 2nd pane of glass was added but not true double glazing and it did little to give me a good nights rest. I mentioned that maybe if one was from a big city noise would be no issue, but Im not from Sydney. I hope this person is no longer working for the hotel. He was not a good ambassador for it. I did finally insist on speaking to the manager, which he did not want me to do, who greatly helped with my move. But the scars of this visit, really are still there. My friend never knew about these issues, she arrived the following day, I was not happy to stay here but did so as to move would've caused issue with her. The manager at the time however was professional. Im sure I've seen reviews mentioning this rude staffer but it certainly looks like they are not here now. All I can say is in my experience it was not a good one, and on that I can't recommend it. I have never ever in my decades of traveling been treated by anyone so aggressively, I still fail to understand this entire episode and hope when travel is back I can go to a place where the welcome remains with me for all the right reasons. If this issue had been resolved nicely, calmly like an adult Im sure the rating would be much better..Rooms are small but clean and the back rooms are quieter....

Room tip: If you want a quiet room ask for one at the back of the hotel.
Date of stay: March 2020
3  Thank sealeg
Reviewed 19 July 2020 via mobile

I stayed at Mrs Banks whilst visiting Sydney for work recently and I enjoyed every minute of my stay. What a great find. This heritage building has been completely refurbished and very tastefully decorated. I had the pleasure to meet Dylan, the General Manager, who did all he could to make sure I felt at home

I highly recommend this boutique hotel if you’re looking to experience real Sydney fine hospitality. This hotel is within walking distance of the coolest and finest venues.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2020

Huge thanks to Dylan and his team during the corona crisis.
Your service was exceptional!
The hotel was lovely with a really good continental breakfast and it's in a great location
Huge thanks and highly recommended

Date of stay: March 2020