Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
sealeg
Perth, Australia

Remembered for all the wrong reasons.

Review of Mrs Banks Hotel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Feb 2021
With all the lockdowns of Covid and everything this past year has brought I have reflected on past travels and been meaning to get back to my reviews. I was here March 2020 with a friend. I had booked two rooms (1 each) and I was disappointed with the receptionist when I approached him about the noise of the room at the front after my first night stay with the idea of asking if I could downgrade my room from the most expensive to one of the smaller ones at the back, but he took everything as personal. His reaction was off the wall, he was so incredibly rude and nasty that I was shaking, I am quite diplomatic but I was surprised, I was thinking 'Do you speak to your Mother like that", I was floored. My career has been in customer service training, in very difficult cases, this was not difficult and yet he went nuclear. He insisted that they had double glazing. They DO NOT but yes a 2nd pane of glass was added but not true double glazing and it did little to give me a good nights rest. I mentioned that maybe if one was from a big city noise would be no issue, but Im not from Sydney. I hope this person is no longer working for the hotel. He was not a good ambassador for it. I did finally insist on speaking to the manager, which he did not want me to do, who greatly helped with my move. But the scars of this visit, really are still there. My friend never knew about these issues, she arrived the following day, I was not happy to stay here but did so as to move would've caused issue with her. The manager at the time however was professional. Im sure I've seen reviews mentioning this rude staffer but it certainly looks like they are not here now. All I can say is in my experience it was not a good one, and on that I can't recommend it. I have never ever in my decades of traveling been treated by anyone so aggressively, I still fail to understand this entire episode and hope when travel is back I can go to a place where the welcome remains with me for all the right reasons. If this issue had been resolved nicely, calmly like an adult Im sure the rating would be much better..Rooms are small but clean and the back rooms are quieter....
Date of stay: March 2020
Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for one at the back of the hotel.
3.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
  • Shangri-La.com
    AU$300
3.3 km from Mrs Banks Hotel
View more hotels in Sydney
All reviews oxford st centennial park great shower free breakfast room was spotless every morning excellent stay perfect location paddington cbd
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 July 2020 via mobile

I stayed at Mrs Banks whilst visiting Sydney for work recently and I enjoyed every minute of my stay. What a great find. This heritage building has been completely refurbished and very tastefully decorated. I had the pleasure to meet Dylan, the General Manager, who did all he could to make sure I felt at home

I highly recommend this boutique hotel if you’re looking to experience real Sydney fine hospitality. This hotel is within walking distance of the coolest and finest venues.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2020

Huge thanks to Dylan and his team during the corona crisis.
Your service was exceptional!
The hotel was lovely with a really good continental breakfast and it's in a great location
Huge thanks and highly recommended

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank addisons370
Reviewed 18 March 2020

Cute little boutique hotel, with exactly customer service from staff that seem to go above and beyond to try make your stay is easy and enjoyable as possible, comfortable beds in a clean room, offering a nice fresh breakfast in the morning along with free wifi, bottled water , tea, and Tim tams in the fridge in the room , bonus!! All In the great location of padding

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Fayfay321
Reviewed 3 March 2020

WOW! The PERFECT hotel for our Mardi Gras 2020 trip! Fantastic people, excellent breakfast, excellent bed, excellent facilities! Not to mention - lovely & clean, quiet ie no noise from the traffic! And no noisy neighbours - unheard of! Pardon the pun! Definitely going back as never had a better hotel experience - PERFECT FOR ME! Thank you Mrs Banks Hotel xo

Room tip: Friendly, helpful, sincere customer service - Mrs Banks is the place! & it’s in the middle of Paddington - a great shopping experience!
Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Sandra H
Reviewed 25 February 2020 via mobile

I booked this hotel through booking.com and having given taxi driver their app to work off - dropped me somewhere completely different- where I expected to be, not 15 minutes further out of town which is where booking.com placed it.
On checking into the room I was surprised to find it had no window as there was no mention of this on the booking.com site.
Booking. Com could not have been less helpful or interested when I contacted them, so be warned when using them to book hotels.
Otherwise the hotel seems clean and while the room is small and claustrophobic it would be fine it that’s how it was sold and what I was expecting.

Date of stay: February 2020