Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Overprised, pretentious and full of posy wanna be Eastern suburbs self thought 'beautiful people' who are mostly born into money and have no idea or compassion for the homeless living outside on the street whilst sipping on their French champagne and fancy cocktails!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

I think some establishments might shudder at the the thought of a 'hens night' group turning up on a Saturday night. Our group was welcomed with open arms by the lovely friendly staff at the Gazebo Wine Bar. To be fair, however, we were a quiet group with none of the silliness that can sometimes go hand in hand with hens nights.

The decor was modern with a chandelier overhanging the room. There are bench seats, small tables with stools and long tables for larger groups. The room is curved and this makes for the possibility of finding a more private nook for a quiet conversation. There is outside seating also, with gas heaters and blankets for cooler nights.

We did wait for almost two hours for our food, which was a little too long. Despite the wait we enjoyed ourselves and when it did arrive it was beautifully prepared and very tasty. We had a set menu for $55 each which was of a very high standard. It included shared entrees with vegetarian options as well as chicken liver pate, eggplant relish, ricotta and grilled bread to slather it all onto. Mains were also shared. We had chicken, a fabulous rigatoni with hazelnuts and a lovely smokey beef, beautifully tender and pink. All served with fresh salads and a delightful bean dish. Dessert was definitely NOT for sharing - a small sliver of chocolate walnut brownie with ice cream and pistachios. Not too much and a great way to finish the meal. A very reasonable price for a delicious 3 course meal in my opinion.

The drinks were well priced too - I had a lychee and lime cocktail which was very enjoyable for $18 and with dinner, a glass of dry white wine for $11.

There is piped music which I found just a tad too loud for easy conversation, but I am a woman of a certain age - the young folk in our group didn't have a problem! There is a parking station literally 20 steps from the venue so if you are driving you won't have any trouble finding a place for the car. Taxi's abound in the streets nearby also.

I did not visit the amenities but was told that they were clean and well maintained. A lovely night was had by all.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2015

I had to stay for 7 days in this hotel, although the rooms were quite spacious, but otherwise nothing was extraordinary except the location in near the market. Although there is quite inside and if compare to price it's not cheap in same price you can find better hotels. But any way not bad if you are a busy traveller and needs a place just for sleeping in the night.

Room tip: That depends upon the tarrif you pay.
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I used to go to the Gazebo years ago & it was always fun; staff were friendly & attentive & food good
I dropped in with a friend on friday, the first time since I have been back in Australia & was really disappointed
2 beers & a cheese plate set me back $43 - that's ok but the beer was warm... The cheese platter used to be quite nice. Now there is no bread, it's been replaced by awful big salty biscuits>
I kept trying to get the attention of a staff member so I could ask for some bread instead but could not get the attention of anyone
Gave my warm beer to my friend & went across the road to have japanese instead
Total waste of money

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank LBoss72
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We've enjoyed a couple of good theme nights here. From the welcome on the door to the table service staff are friendly, knowledgeable and have personalities !

The 5 wines included were interesting and allowed us to sample things we probably would not have otherwise.

Finger food was provided for each wine and the live DJ was far better than the elevator music in some many venues.

Overall $65 / person was good value for an evenings entertainment, food & drink !!!!

Date of stay: August 2012