Review Highlights
Quite treatening! Asians beware!

The driver took me on by mumbling in heavy Indian accent about Rydo, I took it to mean Ready2go... read more

Reviewed 17 December 2018
suhyoungc
GM Cab Company

We were picked up at the cruise terminal, circular quay and dropped at Meriton suites 8 Jackson... read more

Reviewed 17 December 2018
Philh55h

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Sydney
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Got a GM cab home from the airport which normally costs around $60, I didn't check the meter or the amount enetred on the efpos machine, my fault should have. Noticed later my credit card had been hit $91. The driver basically stole. Try to avoid GM cabs. Now you know why Uber is successful.

Date of experience: February 2018
3  Thank mburnie62
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Having travelled from LHR- SYD with only a 2 hour stopover in SIN, took a taxi from the Official Rank at airport. Charged $89 AUD for ride into town. Thought it a bit steep! Turns out my friends who used other companies were charged half that! AVOID this company!! On way back to airport, used a limo service, dropped friends at domestic airport and us back to international -$75AUD total!!

Date of experience: January 2018
5  Thank SaraP241281
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Just got in a cab from Sydney airport to my home. Meter was $20 more than we would usually pay which I complained about. Driver reduced fare but when I checked my credit card statement he has charged us nearly $40 more than we agreed on. I have checked reviews online and this happens all the time. They will rip you off. Avoid at all costs.

Date of experience: January 2018
4  Thank Beckert
Reviewed 15 December 2017

We arrived at Sydney airport from Canada exhausted and my wife was ill. Thought it best to take a taxi to our airbnb in Bondi Beach area. I asked what the rate was approximately- told it depends on meter. Most big cities I visit have a flat rate depending where you going or at least give you an idea. The driver seemed to go forever and the bill came to a bit more than 132 dollars- I have never paid that for a city cab ever. Most people from Sydney said I was cheated as did othe family who did a similar trip. An Uber XL back for FIVE of us was 67 dollars. I know its cheaper by uber but this difference? I contacted the company who were very unsympathetic. Would " look into it" in five business days. Many days later NO RESPONSE. My advise? Be very very wary using a cab at Sydney airport and if its a GM cab get another.

Date of experience: December 2017
3  Thank gattisdoc
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Mon 11 Dec. Trains are out. walked to a cab rank and got into the next available cab. GM cabs Toyota hi ace - very old & crappy - to go 6km to North Sydney from Town Hall. Driver - dishevelled was not impressed with a short trip (ID: GE 7119). On the bridge tells me he "forgot" to put the meter on and I thought he then did.

Trip lasted about 20min in peak hour, not bad. At destination he wanted to charge $30. We had a debate and he maintained it was correct fare even though still the meter was not on. After a few mins I gave up and paid - but noted the cab name and driver ID.
I later investigated to find out that given the time taken should have only been $20 tops. Even with a bridge toll added in. Don't touch GM cabs - for any reason.

This is last straw for Taxis... I downloaded the UBER app. Never again.

Date of experience: December 2017