“Overcharged”

Add it.
GM Cabs
Ranked #59 of 78 Transportation in Sydney
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I regularly get cabs from Chatswood near the train station and the fair is about $28 to $32 dollars if there's traffic. The cab last night charged me $44. I asked for a receipt and noticed it didn't say pick up or drop off suburb names. Cheats.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Got a GM cab home from the airport which normally costs around $60, I didn't check the meter or the amount enetred on the efpos machine, my fault should have. Noticed later my credit card had been hit $91. The driver basically stole. Try to avoid GM cabs. Now you know why Uber is successful.

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Having travelled from LHR- SYD with only a 2 hour stopover in SIN, took a taxi from the Official Rank at airport. Charged $89 AUD for ride into town. Thought it a bit steep! Turns out my friends who used other companies were charged half that! AVOID this company!! On way back to airport, used a limo service, dropped friends at domestic airport and us back to international -$75AUD total!!

1  Thank SaraP241281
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Just got in a cab from Sydney airport to my home. Meter was $20 more than we would usually pay which I complained about. Driver reduced fare but when I checked my credit card statement he has charged us nearly $40 more than we agreed on. I have checked reviews online and this happens all the time. They will rip you off. Avoid at all costs.

2  Thank Beckert
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 December 2017

We arrived at Sydney airport from Canada exhausted and my wife was ill. Thought it best to take a taxi to our airbnb in Bondi Beach area. I asked what the rate was approximately- told it depends on meter. Most big cities I visit have a flat rate depending where you going or at least give you an idea. The driver seemed to go forever and the bill came to a bit more than 132 dollars- I have never paid that for a city cab ever. Most people from Sydney said I was cheated as did othe family who did a similar trip. An Uber XL back for FIVE of us was 67 dollars. I know its cheaper by uber but this difference? I contacted the company who were very unsympathetic. Would " look into it" in five business days. Many days later NO RESPONSE. My advise? Be very very wary using a cab at Sydney airport and if its a GM cab get another.

1  Thank gattisdoc