“Choose well for the best value”
Review of Cirrus Dining

Cirrus Dining
Ranked #348 of 6,668 Restaurants in Sydney
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to Cirrus twice now and both times have been good, but this second time I think I knew which were the better choices from the menu in order to leave with a full tummy and a healthy bank balance.

For 3 people we ordered 3 entree’s, 2 mains, chips as a side, and one cheese plate. This was plenty of food.

We also enjoyed a complimentary serve of Birthday cake which was a very kind gesture.

The wait staff were attentive, the dinner was well paced, not rushed, and we felt it was a fair price for what we had.

I can see where some of the other reviews are coming from, as you could run up a pretty lofty bill by going down the shellfish and crustacean path, but that’s not essential to still have a great dining experience.

For good value my top picks would be the trout entree with toast soldiers, the whole dory which was a good size for 3 to share, and the cheese plate.

The wine list is pricey, though you don’t have to go to the triple figure bottles to find something nice.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Expensive. Nothing special about the food and customer service wasn't that great either. I wanted to take a picture of the receipt to have a look at the charges but was snatched off me. The sommelier couldn't really explain or recommend a wine. Maybe we went on a bad evening as the waitresses seemed like they didn't want to be there whereas other reviews seem to rave about the customer service. They also charged you $3 for bread (each) if you ask for a refill.
I went there to try to say I've been there but I probably wouldn't go back again.

1  Thank Dianne T
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We attended for lunch on Good Friday, and even though there was a 10% surcharge the restaurant was busy, and yet the service was efficient and welcoming.

Even without the surcharge the prices are significant, but the quality of the cuisine was supportive of this. We had the Red Emperor served with a broccoli and yuzu, and the Barramundi and Zucchini, with a side of yellow beans peach and Brazil nuts - this was definitely a highlight and highly recommended.

Desserts were very yummy, in particular the White Chocolate, mango and lemon myrtle, exquisite flavours melding together.

Only small gripe was that the Good Friday special menu advertised was not offered, just a la carte - which we would likely have chosen anyway, but might have been good to have been offered the choice?

The restaurant was busy but being a public holiday there was no rush and the service was friendly, and for those not working we should cut those that are some slack!

All in all a great holiday treat - we'll be back

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We recently had a dinner for about 6 people there. The food was very good, and a couple of people who chose non-sea food items and said they were also really good. The service was quite good apart from a very weird stuff up where some plates were cleared, some were not, and then all plates cleared with new clean plates delivered, only to be removed again, so that the main meal could be served. Could be settling in nerves. But generally a good experience.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

If you are looking for a fantastic meal in Barangaroo, Cirrus is worth checking out. We went here on Easter Sunday. The food was all delicious (king prawns, barramundi, ocean trout parfait, oysters and the chicken). Service was excellent too. Their prices are high and on a holiday, there's a 10% surcharge.

1  Thank gl0baltraveler