“Good view, slow service, OK food”

Harbour Bar and Kitchen
Ranked #1,804 of 6,740 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: USD 10 - USD 28
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Spanning across the balcony level of Harboruside, boasting the most desirable location in Darling Harbour, HBK offers stunning views of Sydney Harbour and the iconic Sydney city skyline from every seat in the house. Giving you a reason to re visit the iconic tourist district, HBK a world class dining experience paired with a luxe outdoor bar scene.
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Mixed review for this restaurant bar. Look out for the speciasl which are good value (lunch options), but the service was slow and the waitress confused by my slight request to change the meal option. Food is pretty standard, burgers & salads etc and good but not outstanding. As in a previous review, strange you have to go to the mall to use the toilets, although not a big issue, just a little odd non on site. Had a pleasant late lunch apart from an extremely noisy (& drunken) office party playing giant games (jenga & connect) in the bar, also having a very loud and over enthusiastic cocktail lesson on the terrace - which is fine for the large group but didn't really sit well with the dinners

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We just dropped in for a casual lunch to the HBK. We had the lamb kebabs which were very nice whilst sipping on a beer looking out over Darling Harbour. The service I would say was OK (nothing special), the food was nice but the setting and value for money are great.

PlatinumRestaurant, Manager at Harbour Bar and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thanks for choosing us and for leaving HBK 4 stars review. Join us on Facebook to stay connected with friends and get access to community only deals. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We were looking for coffee and dessert and we where offered from one of waitresses at the front that they have special $9 for coffee and cake, the service was very nice and we received what we want but when I paid I was charged $14 for a coffee and cake when I asked the manager he said the special only from Monday to Friday. I'm very disappointed and I was misleading. I will never go back to this place.

Hi World1998! I am really sorry for your latest experience with us. I will talk to all the managers and make sure that won't happen again. Please email me to info@platinumrestaurantgroup.com so I can fix this issue. Hope you give us a second chance. Thanks!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Very disappointed with our night out at this restaurant . To start with when my wife booked she mentioned we were celebrating our sons 18th birthday & the reply was we'll "do something for him" . We had a 6.30pm booking on a Saturday night 17th Feb . We ordered our meals within 15 min of arrival & our entre came out after 10 min . We then had to wait almost 2 hours (after ordering) for our main meals to be served . The head waiter came over 1.5 Hrs after we ordered & told us there's a delay - our meals will be about another 20 min. We watched people come & go around us before our meals came out . The food was OK when it finally came out , but nothing "special" for my son (a cup cake with a candle would have been fine) I spent almost $400 on this night for 6 people so maybe an offer of a discount would have "eased the pain" !

Dear r0lf59,

Thank you for visiting us and for taking the time to share your experience.

We are really sorry for hearing about your experience at your Son's 18th birthday, this truly does not reflect our operation and sorry that it was the impression we gave you.

We take our customers feedback really seriously and we will be looking into this matter.

I would like to get in touch with you to make things right so please email me at info@platinumrestaurantgroup.com

Hope you can give us a second chance

Reviewed 2 February 2018

We booked ahead as it was Australia Day and we expected it to be busy and it was.

The staff were very helpful, getting us a nice outside seat, offering choice of drinks on arrival. The views are fantastic.
The food was ok, disappointing bruschetta for starters, great wood fired barramundi beautifully cooked, the steak was very good too.
We had a couple of different. Cocktails, a bottle of red and a couple of beers too all of them were good.
One surprise was the lack of a toilet in the restaurant, we had to use the shopping centre public toilets. So having spent 200 on a nice meal it felt more like a street cafe than a restaurant.
Nice for a brunch, lunch, light meal, but maybe not for a special occasion or romantic night out...

Hi Carol! Thank you for visiting us and for shatring your experience. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and because of that I will take notes of your comments and include them in our report. I am glad to hear that the staff was very helpful and that the views were fantastic. We hope we will see you again.