“Classic Thai done exceptionally well!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
“Classic Thai done exceptionally well!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stumbled upon this place on Campbell St and left very very impressed!!

Highly recommend the potato prawn entree and the mussaman curry main.

Staff were very friendly, service was quick and the price was amazing value.

Umina Beach, Australia
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stumbled acroos this little restaurant one night and even though the decor didn't entice us the food turned out to be exceptional...so fresh & delicious. Its close to central as well. Love it.

Whakatane, New Zealand
“Soft shell chilli crab to die for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Arrived in Sydney and wandered down after a recommendation from a friend. Am so glad we did. No reservation but that was not a problem. We had fantastic food as well as service. If anyone wants a good reasonable priced meal in Sydney then try Chilli Cha Cha's.

• Visited January 2011
Sydney, Australia
“Horrible staff, so-so food, will never come back again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

I went to this restaurant today with 3 other friends since we heard some pretty good feedback from several other friends( cheap, value and good food).

Upon arrival, everything was fine, we were greeted and was directed to the table. 3 of my friends ordered Thai stir fries and I chosen to pick the Crispy pork instead. In my opinion, My dish would turn up the first since I knew that it was just some basic roast pork with some tamarind sauce on top of it. ( The menu did not explain about the method of cooking whether it was roast, deep fried, etc. It was written in Thai and English translation without any further explanation).

My 3 friends were fortunate because they had their food ready within minutes after the order was taken. However, my simple pork dish did not appear 20 minutes after all my friends have had their meal.

For the first 10 minutes, I did not complaint nor ask for the dish at all considering that its not urgent for me to rush the waiter for such small things. However, after 15 minutes, I started to lose my patience.

I asked one of the guy waiter whether why it took so long for my dish to be served, and would be happy to cancel my order if its not done because most of my friends almost done with their meal. He replied with a somewhat unpleasant manner that my dish is coming and it seems that I am not able to cancel it anymore. He then rushed to the kitchen and started yelled at the other waiter and chef in Thai language ( maybe swearing at me because I simply asked for my meal or courteously asked whether my meal is coming?? only god knows)

I then waited for another several minutes and this time I almost lost my patience and asked one more time to the other waiter this time a girl which replied that I quote" Its not just pork, its deep fried" in a very unclear English accent.

They were having their lunch as well at that time and was sitting exactly infront of my table.

after I attempted my last question, All waiter in the restaurants started to yelled in their language and i clearly can saw that the girl waiter tried to hide from our table.

The guy who was having his meal then finished with his meal and smashed his chair clearly in front of us showing that He was not happy with my simple question. He also later hide at the back of house and did not appear in front of us again.

Apparently, they then organized the last waiter in the restaurant ( They have 3 waiters in total that day) which was a much mature lady to serve us. She brought me my food without any apology and just placed it rudely in front of me.

Its clearly that the whole restaurant became our enemy... my friend who had no problem with the waiters went to ask for water. Then the mature lady gave us only bottle of water without glass, then she went to ask for glasses and the second younger Thai girl gave her glasses with a very unpleasant manner ( I did not see it, but she told me so)

Worst thing was, even the chef came out to looked at us personally. I felt personally intimidated and this was the worst feeling ever since you did not expect any restaurants to serve you with such unprofessional manner and terror.

Solution and suggestion:
1. If the chef knew that my dish would take longer to cook, He/She should clever enough to cook my dish first while postponing the other dishes on my table so that they can come all out together( stir fries takes them several minutes to cook)

2. They should improve the complaint handling skills which was in my opinion a bit poor. They could simply told me when all 3 dishes had came out that my dish will takes a bit longer because it has to be deep fried. In that case i will not asked nor complaint at all.

3. Do not ever speak your mother tongue in front of your customers especially after they complaint or ask for something ( its a huge offence)

4. Please do not take things personally since its not your restaurant anyway ( I am sure the boss was not there, If he/she was there, he should have realized and apologize since he wants his business to keep running and to avoid bad review. If he was there, too bad). Address complaint professionally with clear explanation in proper language to either help me to understand more importantly

5. Menu should add more detail to explain about how things were cooked, or how long does it takes or anything that can assist customer to make their decision ( if you are in rush and ordered the same dish that I ordered, you will for sure miss your lunch)

In conclusion, will never come back again and will tell everyone i knew not to come to this restaurant. A happy customer will bring back 10 others with them while an unhappy one will drive 100 away from your business

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ar4sh1
Denver, Colorado
“Phad thai is horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

It is hard to review this restaurant as a whole since I only went there the one time. However, the Phad thai was awful, probably the worst I have ever had. I can honestly say I know what thai food should taste like - I have been to Thailand and eat Thai food on a regular basis. This was very very bad. In addition, I have the fried crab appetizer - also terrible. Who knows, maybe the curries are good, but I won't risk another venture back.

• Visited September 2011