“Comfortable but many short comings.”
Review of Aanuka Beach Bures

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coffs Harbour
Aanuka Beach Bures
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Coffs Harbour
Sydney, Australia
“Comfortable but many short comings.”
Reviewed 20 November 2007

Without a doubt, this is one of the strangest accommodation venues I have ever stayed in. There are absolutely no signs anywhere indicating where this place is or how to get there. On contacting the number on my booking reservation, I was told to drive to a locked carpark and wait for someone to let me in. As this property backs on and shares many parts of the aanuka beach resort many of my thoughts apply to that property too.

Good points.

I stayed in one of their spa bures for 3 nights. It was large, with sufficient space for 2 people and possibly a little one on the sofa bed. The bathroom was huge and very clean (the shower head was also used in the circus to clean elephants). Being surrounded by bush there were a couple of cockroaches in the room, but they didn’t worry me. I didn’t use the spa, and it was a pleasant stroll to the car park and the beach. There is plenty of green surrounding your room which adds privacy and the noise of the wildlife (crickets/cicadas) drowns out any noise from your neighbours. Lots of wildlife to keep the kids entertained.

Not so good points.

Pretty much you were left to your own devices. The rooms aren’t serviced and more interestingly there is no deposit taken. Apart from someone giving you your key, I didn’t see a soul the entire time. Not even at checkout at 9am. There is no in room information telling you about the pools, beach, restaurant, local area – something I feel is a major issue. The gym is tiny and you can’t bill the restaurant/bar to your room. I would stay well away from the place during school holidays (or pick a bigger room if I was going there with kids). Also the beach is not patrolled 8 months of the year (not their fault but if its a concern pick accom closer to a patrolled beach). The aircon in the room is furthest from your bed. I have no idea why they built the room like that. Fortunately, it was cool enough not to need it, but should it be really hot, then I think you would sweat at night. Finally the property is divided by a creek which does breed mozzies. I am not concerned but I recommend getting some repellent.

• Stayed November 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank brett-au

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)