Lowest prices for your stay
USD 162
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
USD 162
View deal
Free cancellation until 24/10/21
Hotels.comUSD 162
Booking.comUSD 162
eDreamsUSD 162
3,952 results
All reviews spa bure diggers beach glass roof tennis courts bush turkeys indoor pool water dragons bedroom villa putt putt family holiday beautiful beach buffet breakfast big banana great family great facilities mini golf great spot
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 August 2021

The Aanuka Beach Resort is on the water at Coffs Harbour, the rooms are grouped into pods of 4, it is a bit of a maze to get to your room but they are well presented. You do have to walk from the Car Park which can be a drag but when you get out of a morning and overlook the ocean that is all forgotten about.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Front Office Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2021

Hello Daryl,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and you are certainly correct that the view from the property is spectacular, I know I enjoy it.

We are happy to advise that there is currently some plans in motions to work through the layout of the property and how we can best assist our guest to navigate their way across the stunning but large property. We hope that you will get to experience these changes when you next choose to travel to Coffs Harbour.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2021

The staff decided to charge my credit card 3 days after we checked out and then send an invoice after that said we were being charged extra for the room.
I had called the resort 3 weeks before we were due to stay and they didn't mention the increase in price, and they didn't mention the increase in price when we checked in and didn't bother to mention the increase on check out.
When questioned about this they didn't bother to reply.

Only the threat of reporting them to the state body and the ACCC got them to say they would refund the charge - that was a month and a half ago and they still haven't refunded the money.

For a place that charges over $400 a night, you would expect quality customer service and really nice rooms. The only thing worth the nightly rate was the pools and you couldn't use them because they weren't heated.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank mhK3934ND

Hello,

I would like to thank you firstly for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention, it is only once we receive feedback such as the above that we are able to work together to resolve your concerns.

I would like the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you and would encourage you to reach directly out to me by contacting the hotel and requesting to talk with the Front Office Manager. I will return to the office on Monday and hope to discuss this matter with you then in more detail.

Reviewed 27 July 2021 via mobile

The "motel" rooms are 1/2 a villa with no sound proofing to the second 1/2. The bottom 1/2 doesn't have access to usable facilities like a sink to fill a jug. The "kitchenette" is a microwave in a walk robe. There is nowhere to sit and eat or place a laptop.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mark A
Front Office Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed 16 July 2021

Below is a copy of a feedback letter I sent Aanuka days ago regarding our stay. It has gone unanswered and only furthers my belief they have terrible communication and care little for their guests:

I'm writing to you regarding feedback from our recent stay. This is not a complaint as such but if I was the hotel/front office manager I would want to know about our experience.
So my partner booked the stay over the phone and communicated very clearly we required a kitchen. After booking we didn't receive any confirmation so she again called back to see if the booking was received. The booking has been made and again my partner wanted to confirm the original room we booked had a kitchen to which she was told yes.
Upon arrival we checked in then went to the room. It was clear there wasn't a kitchen but what we were told was a kitchenette. I'll leave the definition up to you but this is there I believe your reservation staff at what I'm guessing is a centralised reservation hub need to be passed on accurate information about the actual facilities.
We had packed food to cook that you would cook in normal kitchen. The kitchenette only had a toaster, bar fridge, electrical pan and microwave. After multiple trips to reception and rechecking the apartment for an illusive electrical hotplate hiding somewhere in the kitchenette. It was clear to us this mythical hotplate thingy didn't exist. When my partner consulted with reception about the promised kitchen from the reservation the front office staff said there is an upgrade available for $50 a night with a kitchen, but all of the stoves had been degassed due to covid so we couldn't use them anyway. We had friends staying who had already checked into the exact same room type we were being offered and they said this was untrue for their apartment.
By this point we had wasted almost 1 hour of our afternoon messing around with the definition of a kitchenette, the illusive hotplate that didn't exist and trying to sort out options that didn't involve us throwing out hundreds of dollars of food. My patience was pretty well done by this point so I went to reception to explain the situation. The lady with whom I spoke with was still under the impression there were no cooking facilities but there was a maintenance member of staff in the front office at the time who confirmed the kitchens all worked except in 1 room. I will say she did listen to me and upon confirming with her manager a free upgrade to a room with a working kitchen. I really appreciate her help but all of this could have been avoided if the person's who took out reservation clearly understood what they're selling.
During our stay we utilised the free WiFi as we both have phone's that have Optus and service was nearly inexistent. The best way to describe the internet available is poor not only was it slow but kept disconnecting after about 20 minutes of use where I would have to sign back into the network and at times have to restart my phone to get the internet to work. I was trying to watch the NBA finals on my app and it was frustrating to say the least to reload the game every 20 minutes. I can see from your website that you offer conferences at your resort and how anyone could conduct any form of business with the available technology is pretty much impossible. When you pay over $700 for a 5 night stay and the internet is worse than some of the backpackers I've stayed at in the past them something is seriously wrong. Upon asking reception was there anything wrong with the service i was surprised to hear the staff say something along the lines of 'oh yes that's just how it is, sorry'. I was then offered a different password which I'm assuming it's for staff with the password 'allgood', which seemed to kick me off less but was average speed at best.
Upon checking into our room we quickly discovered the TV/DVD not working. The free to air channels were not tuned in properly and the DVD wasn't even plugged in, instead there were just random wires floating around behind the TV. I called reception and was told that maintenance had gone home for the day and someone would call by to fix the problem the following morning. This didn't occur and when I called again in the morning it was news to the front office staff. Maintenance did arrive around lunch time and replaced the broken DVD player and tuned the channels into the correct tower. The Foxtel was pretty much useless I'm not sure why you would even subscribe to a technology that is completely out of date and offers very few channels. Every channel I wanted to let my son watch wasn't part of the package so I just gave up as it was just too time consuming with the slow interface. If proper internet was available with say a Chromecast we could bring our own subscription services and utilise that instead.
Lastly I would like to bring to your attention a few safety concerns I have regarding the indoor pool. One of the structural metal beams in the pool area is severely rusted and the base had sharp exposed edges that could easily cut someone's feet. It's blatantly obvious to me so I'm unsure why this has been overlooked. I just instructed my son to steer well clear of that side of the pool. I didn't bring this to the reception staffs attention because by this point I'm just couldn't see any point waiting in line.
On our last night my son developed a severe ear infection which I can only assume was due to the heated pool. We spent the night in hospital and my partner got back to the room around 430am. I called the after hours reception and asked for a late check-out but it seemed like a hassle to the person on the phone so I just said I would call back after 8am. The front office staff were very accommodating to our situation and agreed we could check-out at 12 noon. We actually we're on track to check out around 11am and the front office called about that time to ask when we would be checking out. It was clear my earlier request wasn't processed properly. When I informed them this was already arranged it was news to them. I informed the member of staff regarding my son's ear infection the front office staff didn't really seem to care. I can understand they're position but it's clear the pool isn't sanitised properly. My son is still sick 4 days later and his ear infection isn't getting better.
What is clear with our experience at Aanuka there is a serious lack of communication amongst staff from the reservation team to the front office to other members of staff. I really appreciate the free upgrade I wonder why my partner wasn't afforded the same offer immediately, when clearly we were told incorrect information upon booking. She personally felt like she's was given the run around in hope we would depart with more money. She felt dismissed and when I went I was immediately offered a reasonable resolution. The lady that helped me with the upgrade was very attentive when I explained the situation and quickly organised an upgrade. However why it took multiple trips back and forth to the room to check on facilities the front office thought existed and not immediately upgraded is a mystery to me.
I would say I was impressed with the pool facilities and would have loved to utilise them in warmer months. We didn't try the restaurants as when we did eat out we joined friends in town. The location is great and the grounds are lovely to walk through. The put put golf is fun but a bit tired and dated but my son enjoyed nonetheless. I hope this message is beneficial to your services in future as I'm planning on just sticking to private stays as I find the facilities more attuned to my needs. Thanks for your time

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 691scotto
Front Office Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2021

Hello,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention and are sorry that you feel we have not responded to your feedback.

We have have addressed your concerns via email to the email that you provided. We are sorry that you have not received this. Can I suggest checking your spam/trash folder as from time to time emails from larger companies can get lost in here.

Alternatively if you are unable to locate this email please contact the resort directly an I will would be more then happy to address your concerns with you over the phone.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2021 via mobile

Our first time at the hotel. Average accomodation. We booked the 2 bedroom apartment . Room was spacious but outdated. Secured gated accomodation. And quick access to beach.

No personalised service. Room not services daily, not explanation about the resort from staff and hardly see staff around.

$200 deposit even if you an accor plus member. No acknowledgment of being a member. No drink voucher nor late check out availability

Room tip: Average and outdated accomodation and service
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank travelkid84

Thank you for your feedback.