My partner and I were on the lookout for somewhere to stay for a mid week break, and found Aanuka on google, and after looking at the photos on the website decided to book. On booking we received a pleasant surprise by getting three nights for the price of two.
On arrival we were greeted by a friendly employee, the only thing on checking in is that there was no mention of a $200 bond on the website, but Grant did explain that it will take up to 8 days to clear, which when I've stayed elsewhere they've never explained.
We stayed in a Spa Bure which was amazing- only thing on opening the door the room did smell a bit musty, but it did go away after opening all the windows up. Maybe if they know someone is coming to stay in that room they could do that earlier in the day to reduce the smell? The bed was very comfy, it was hardly noticeable that it was two beds put together. The spa was also great and very relaxing- but the glass ceiling is partly covered by a shade cloth so you don't really get a fabulous view of the stars, but it was still a novelty.
The gardens and grounds are nice and manicured, the pool and surrounds are clean, and there are enough amenities and activities to keep you entertained (tennis, putt putt golf, beach volleyball). Plenty of local wildlife (brush turkeys and lizards) to really make you feel like you are in a tropical resort.
The pool near the bar was quite enjoyable, I thought it might've been more an adults only type pool but there was quite a few families around when we were enjoying our cocktails so it wasn't really relaxing listening to kids squeal and splash around.
All the staff we dealt with during our stay were incredibly friendly and courteous, and more than accommodating of our requests (extra sugar, sachets of butter when we ran out). I didn't find that the room would've needed servicing during our trip, so that didn't bother me like previous reviewers have mentioned.
We ate at the cafe during the day, which we found a little bit expensive, but that is expected when staying at a resort. We viewed the dinner menu but also decided it was too expensive which was disappointing because there are no restaurants or dining options close by, so you have to drive/taxi into Coffs Harbour. So actually in hindsight it might've been cheaper to stay and eat there!
All in all a fantastic stay, definitely planning on going back later in the year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering an absolute beachfront location BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort has magnificent ocean views from dining areas and is surrounded by acres of wide open parklands perfect for your next getaway. At the resort you can expect great accommodation, recreation and relaxation rolled into one and there are a range of facilities on offer ideal for couples and families. Choose from an outdoor rock pool with slide, children’s pool and play area, cave spas, tennis courts, mini putt putt golf, beach volleyball and Diggers Beach just a short stroll from your room. When it’s time to dine, choose from the award-winning Finz on the Beach or unwind at Casay on the Beach, both offering ocean views. Treat yourself to a Mi-Time Day Spa treatment for the ultimate in relaxation to help yourself unwind. At the resort you can choose from Studio Hotel Rooms, Paradise Spa Bures with spa baths and 2, 3 and 4 bedroom self-contained, air conditioned villas. Please Note**NO CANCELLATIONS OR AMENDMENTS** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Mantra, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Aanuka Beach Hotel Coffs Harbour
- Hotel Breakfree Aanuka Beach
- BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort Coffs Harbour, South Pacific