“Annual Review Conference”

Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Coffs Harbour
Armidale, Australia
“Annual Review Conference”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Each year we come back to Aanuka for our Annual Review Conference. Always I am impressed with the courteous, professional manner of the staff. They make our job so much easier!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
GrahamBruceOliver, General Manager at BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Rhonda B,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent conference at BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort. I am pleased to hear the resort team have exceeded your expectations again this year and were able to make the planning and exectuion of the conference a success.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Aanuka Beach Resort for your next conference on 2013.

Kind Regards,
Graham Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Armidale, Australia
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We have held three day conferences at Aanuka for several years now and each year our experience has been getting better and better. We couldn't fault the Conference Coordinator or the Food and Beverage Manager and Bill from Horizons AV as usual was exceedingly pleasant and helpful. The range of accommodation types suits our type of conference and rooms are well appointed. The staff at Aanuka are professional, accommodating and always easy to deal with and nothing is too much trouble. We would recommend Aanuka for anyone looking for a venue in Coffs Harbour to hold a conference.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
GrahamBruceOliver, General Manager at BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Helen S
Thankyou for your glowing review in regards to your recent conference at BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort.
As a valued repeat client each year the resort looks forward to welcoming you and your delegates to the property and ensuring that your conference is successful and your delegates enjoy their stay and I am pleased to hear that the resorts various styles of accoommodation were well suited to your delegates requirements.
I will be sure to pass on your valuable feedback to Michael the Food & Beverage Manager, Bill from Horizons, Ashleigh in Conference & Events and the entire resort team.
The Aanuka team look forward to welcomning you and your delegates back for another successful conference in 2013.

Regards Graham Oliver
Crescent Head
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We had our wedding here in November of last year and I am very happy with how everything went. Jodie the wedding planer was very easy to work with.
The food was perfect, service perfect, venue perfect!
All our guests stayed at the resort with us and I can say that everyone had a great time, even my 85 year old grandma enjoyed the in room spa.
I would highly recomend this venue for a wedding. Thanks Jodie for your help in making our wedding the success it was!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank CrescentHeadTripper
GrahamBruceOliver, General Manager at BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Crescent Head,

Thank you for your amazing review, I am glad to hear that you, your guests and your 85 year old grandmother had an enjoyable stay at Aanuka Beach Resort.

That is fantastic to hear that your wedding day was as amazing as anyone would dream, and I'm thrilled that Jodie and the team at Aanuka were able to be apart of that.

Thank you again to for your tremendous feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Aanuka Beach Resort for your One year wedding anniversary.

Regards Graham Oliver
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Wow...what can I say.
We travelled from the UK with around 9 relatives and friends to get married on 10 March 2012. I started planning the wedding and the trip in March 2011 and dealt with Ashleigh at Aanuka to plan and prepare for the wedding. As I am live in the UK all this had to be done via email and also based on not seeing the resort first hand. I was extremely nervous before arriving at Aanuka as I didn't know what to expect. As we were inviting friends who live in Coffs Harbour the wedding was to cater for 30 people so I felt some pressure for it all to be great.

We arrived on Sunday 4 March to be greeted by Kelly at reception and what can I say except such a lovely, warm and friendly welcome. We stayed in a Spa Bure which was lovely and very spacious.

We didn't get to look at the wedding venue until Tuesday morning, however it all looked great and the resort seemed perfect come rain or shine, as they have a great little chapel as a back up in wet weather.

All our family and friends arrived on the Wednesday and again were extremely pleased with the rooms, especially the villas which are truly amazing.

On the Friday the wedding decorators (Special Occasions) arrived to set up the reception room which looked amazing, except as I hadn't seen the venue before so I didn't realise the room would benefit from a bridal backdrop. I called Special Occasions and explained that I would really like the backdrop and as if by magic they arranged it with no problems at all.

On the wedding day the sun was shining and the wedding was set for the beach!!! Ashleigh was amazing and ensured the set up on the beach was amazing and then collected us by buggy to take us to the beach.

In the evening we were looked after by the catering manager Sam and his fabulous team who could not do enough for us, the food was amazing, the drinks kept flowing and the whole evening went without a hitch, as did the whole day.

I could not recommend highly enough this resort whether for a wedding or just a holiday. If you are planning to travel to Australia to get married, Coffs Harbour is amazing and Aanuka is clearly the best resort to stay and have your dream day.

All of the wedding party from the UK loved it and our Australian friends even commented that it was the best wedding they had been too.

We used the best resort and its team, the best Celebrant Donna Whitehouse-Pike, the best photographer Peter Sechi, the best videographer David Fuller (Kyle), the best make-up artist Cal, the best hairdresser Jodi Munton, the best decorators Special Occasions, the best florist Park Avenue.

To Graham - General Manager at Aanuka You have an amazing team of people who you should be very proud of and we hope to return to celebrate an anniversary.

Becky & Richard Crevald x

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Graham O O, General Manager at BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear Becky & Richard,

Thank you for posting your glowing review on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased to read that your guests thoroughly enjoyed your Wedding and the resort throughout your stay. I am also very pleased your wedding went so well and I will be sure to pass on your lovely feedback to all staff involved and especially Ashleigh whom was able to offer you her impeccable service.
You are right we have an amazing team here at Aanuka and I am very pround of them. We all look forward to seeing you on your one year anniversay.

Regards,

Graham Oliver
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I had my wedding here in March 2012 and I made all the arrangements via email, from Canberra.
Kylie did a fabulous job and was right on with every detail/suggestion....on a couple of points I thought I knew better but once I had a look (or sent family to have a look) I agreed with Kylie's suggestions. Nothing was too hard and nothing was a problem, everything was arranged and ran smoothly. The little things were fabulous, like the sign out the front telling people where to go and the golf buggy that picked me up from my room and took me to the ceremony!!

The accommodation was gorgeous and much bigger than I thought it would be. The facilities were great and the food was awesome.

All our guests stayed at the resort and they too had an amazing weekend!!!

When we walked in we felt like we could be anywhere in the world, on a little island somewhere not in the middle of Coffs....

If your thinking of a beach wedding with awesome views, outstanding service and fabulous facilities...all for a great price....then I would absolutely recommend Kylie and Aanuka Beach Resort.

We will certainly be returning for holidays...

Room Tip: I did prefer the single story options!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tonia H
Cherrie R, Guest Relations Manager at BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear

Dear Tonia H,

Thank you for posting your glowing review on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased to read that your guests thoroughly enjoyed your Wedding and the resort throughout your stay. I am also very pleased your wedding went so well and I will be sure to pass on your lovely feedback to all staff involved and especially Kylie whom was able to offer you her vast knowledge and impeccable service.
We look forward to welcoming you back to BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort in the not to distant future.

Kindest Regards,

Cherrie Riley: Guest Relations / Front Office Manager - BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort Coffs Harbour.