“Great quality chef cooked meals”
Review of Ernies Kitchen

Ernies Kitchen
Ranked #24 of 219 Restaurants in Coffs Harbour
Price range: USD 5 - USD 22
Description: Ernies Kitchen offers an Australian vibe by the way of introducing native herbs, spices, flora, & fauna, into our dishes & drinks. We source locally and Australia wide supporting home grown businesses, finally, delivering our Australian inspired concept to your taste buds. Ernies Kitchen proudly embellishes "Tyrrell's Wines" form the Hunter Valley; premium specialty coffee by "The Laughing Pug" & Australian blended teas by "Tea Leaves." We hope to see you soon at Ernies
Reviewed 6 June 2021

Tasty and very well prepared meals and great service, especially from Ernie himself. You feel like an old friend by the time you've finished! Wide range to suit all palates, including special dietary conditions like gluten-free. Prices are reasonable too.

1  Thank Ronald V
Write a reviewReviews (110)

Reviewed 3 June 2021 via mobile

Very welcoming and friendly service, great food with excellent vegan options. Ernie is an absolute gem, thanks for a great lunch.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank alisonpeacock4
Reviewed 29 May 2021

Best meal my partner and I have had on the Coffs coast in a long time! Highly recommend Ernie's as the staff were extremely accommodating and attentive. Atmosphere was absolutely divine. 10/10 everytime!!!

Reviewed 15 May 2021

My friends' meals were ok, but my main course was bland and boring. My complaint though is regarding the service. The kids working there hadn't a clue and obviously had received no training. Both of my courses were served across my friend seated to my left - she had to lean back in her seat. I hardly ate any of the lumps of dough that were called gnocchi. When the waiter removed the plate I wasn't asked about this. My wife and I had a glass of wine each. When we had drunk these no one enquired if either of us would like another glass. A waitress asked me if we'd like water - still or sparkling? I replied that we'd have tap water. She then came with a bottle of still water which I refused, repeating that tap water would do. She returned with a jug and poured a glass for each of us. No one offered refills during our stay. My wife could see a waiter using his bare hands to ladle ice cream into a bowl. I saw another waitress scooping coffee beans into the espresso machine. I think there were six wait staff and no one seemed to be in charge. I found the laminated, glossy menu hard to read as we were close to a large, bright, red neon light shaped to read 'We listen and you dine'. Seriously? The bill was close to $200 for the three of us. The service was totally devoid of professionalism. The restaurant has potential but it has some work to do to achieve it. The plates were reasonably well presented but one asked how our meals were.

1  Thank robk373
Matthew J, Owner at Ernies Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2021

Thank you Rob for your feedback & for choosing Ernies kitchen for your dining experience. Now here is our feed back to you. Firstly, our team are offended by your referring to them as "kids" on this review - as it is ageist & disrespectful. Secondly, we have also read some of your other insulting reviews to other establishments - so we have noticed a pattern emerging. Our team did let us know that they found your table unapproachable & dismissive, which was real shame. If you are "demanding tap water" as you state & only ordering a glass of wine, then you are clearly on a budget, as too you moan about your bill - seriously! From us & our team we suggest a BYO setting where they don't charge you corkage & tap water is free flowing. Moreover, it seems you were more interested in weirdly watching our "kid" staff than interacting with your wife & guest - seriously! "We have listened & you have dined" - at Ernies we aim to please. KR Ernie & Matthew.

Reviewed 12 May 2021 via mobile

Breakfast at Ernies was a delight thanks to Caitlyn and Sarah the crab omelette and eggs Benny great and coffee brew fantastic