“Wow !!!!”
Review of Ernies Kitchen

Ernies Kitchen
Ranked #24 of 218 Restaurants in Coffs Harbour
Price range: USD 5 - USD 22
Description: Ernies Kitchen offers an Australian vibe by the way of introducing native herbs, spices, flora, & fauna, into our dishes & drinks. We source locally and Australia wide supporting home grown businesses, finally, delivering our Australian inspired concept to your taste buds. Ernies Kitchen proudly embellishes "Tyrrell's Wines" form the Hunter Valley; premium specialty coffee by "The Laughing Pug" & Australian blended teas by "Tea Leaves." We hope to see you soon at Ernies
Reviewed 23 April 2021

I recently was taken to the restaurant by Coff's locals (I am from Sydney) and the food was delicious, I must say though the service was even better, so friendly and personal. I had a steak which was yummmo, followed by the brownie which they recommended which was a perfect finish to my meal. I will certainly be back next time I'm in Coffs, thanks Matt & Ernie.

1  Thank Yan669902
Write a reviewReviews (112)

Reviewed 23 April 2021 via mobile

My husband & l highly recommend this cafe. We both enjoyed a yummy lunch there yesterday & the staff very friendly & approachable. We both had the bush spiced chicken accompanied by delicious sweet potato wedges & aoli.
We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 21 April 2021 via mobile

We had not been there until today but had heard the food was very good. Wow was it ever! Food is great, lovely tables well placed and inviting and best of all wonderful and friendly service, we will certainly return.

Reviewed 18 April 2021

We planned to try different eating experiences for each meal during our stay in Coffs Harbour. However, we cancelled those plans after eating at Ernies for breakfast! The excellent food drew us back the next morning.

Reviewed 12 April 2021 via mobile

Not sure why this place gets such great reviews, it is mediocre and VERY overpriced!!!! $80 for 2 breaky meals and a kids breaky meal. Dont bother ordering your kids the pancakes, theyre nothing like a standard pancake and have a strange consistency.....they were a waste of money because they werent eaten. I had sourdough and smashed avo with a poached egg - for the amount they charge, i expected more then a sliver of avo. It also came with a weird side salad that was totally un necessary and actually quite wasteful given the size of it and the fact it was just to add something fancy to the plate. The knife didnt cut through the sour dough at all and my husband had the same problem trying to cut through his below average eggs bene on a muffin. The eggs Bene came with a obscene amount of wilted spinach! It almost filled the entire plate - again just wasteful! Stop trying to be fancy with your blunt black cutlery and just serve good yummy unpretentious food ‍♀️

1  Thank 548jennyh
Matthew J, Owner at Ernies Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2021

Thanks Jenny for your feedback. I will go through each of your points & kindly give my feedback to you. 1. sourdough is generally a firmer bread when toasted & our customers love the crunch! Those that like softer toast order 'farmhouse toast' - we could have accomdated this for you had you asked the team 2. The advado & feta cheese is a correct potion size & costed according. Had you asked our team we would of happily given you more at no extra cost! 3. Sorry that you think salad is 'weird' our customers find the salad on their avo smash refreshing, healthy & tasty. 4. The kids pancakes are different in toppings & this stated clearly on the menu to the 'big pancakes'. They are to die for, OMG you really missed out here. Had I served I would recommend them. If you come back the 'big pancakes are on me' with pleasure. 5. Our apologies if your husband had too much spinach on his Eggs Benedict & it turned him off. Had you let us know we could of kindly taken off the spinach or made him a fresh dish. 5. And finally our black cutlery is stylish & always are welcomed, nearly every day it's a conversation piece with our customers & guests, they absolutely adore them. When you come back to Coffs Harbour please ring us before hand so I can have silver cutlery for you, I will bring it personally from my house. Ernies aims to please at every level. Best wishes & KR Ernie & Matthew