“A favourite casual dining location”
Review of Vietnam House

Vietnam House
Ranked #542 of 1,569 Restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Vietnam House is a restaurant a work friend and I visit for our infrequent catch ups.
It offers a good range of Vietnamese dishes, although we both tend to order the same meal every time. That is no reflection on the quality of the other dishes, rather it is an indication of how satisfied we are with what we have tried before.
We always seem to have the same waiter for lunch, and he is very helpful with a great knowledge of the menu.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I have been to Vietnam House several times for the Pho Ga (chicken broth) and it’s been Ok... my Vietnamese friends like it notwithstanding that it doesn’t compare at all to that available in Hanoi where we lived for four years. In any case, I thought it would be nice to take my wife there to ‘reminisce’... big mistake....Sorry Việt Nam house the food was simply ordinary....and the service was really poor. Maybe it was just an ‘off day’... we love Vietnamese food but will be going to Mys in Weston or Pho Phu Quoc in Dickson where they really know how to serve it up... we’ll try you guys again in another 6 months to give you the benefit of the doubt. Sorry.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Got some takeaway from here recently on a Friday night. The place was quite busy but the staff were still friendly and our order was provided fairly quickly. Unfortunately the food was pretty average. Both dishes we had tasted more Chinese than the characteristics flavours we are used to in Vietnamese dishes. Even the spring rolls suffered the same character. We are big fans of Vietnamese food but would not eat at this restaurant again.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Canberra hosts a number of excellent Vietnamese restaurants and Vietnam House on the southside is one. Their phở is excellent in taste and value. The smaller serving is plenty and the combination is $14.50 but without tripe. Ask for extra tripe. Most people add the sauces but I reckon the broth is pure and tasty without the added sauces.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

My partner and I have been coming here for a long time and each visit just gets better than the last! Each dish is so delicious, specifically their pho is sensational and a must have on their menu. Their 5 star customer service from all staff is the main reason we have returned each time, special thanks to Maggie and Ryan for always being so fantastic!