“Yum!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went in on Easter Sunday for Brunch - well the food was amazing and cooked exactly as I asked (partner likes runny poached eggs - rarely do they arrive runny - but cooked to perfection)
Staff were extremely friendly and pleasant even though it was bustling with people - all of them were cheerful and smiling.
Yes; it was busy - however our meals came out within 15 minutes and were hot; coffee was hot and the juice my son ordered was cold. What more can you ask.
Only issue we had was the public holiday surcharge of 15% which I thought was steep - however the good atmosphere, pleasant staff, great coffee and awesome food made that a moot point.
Highly recommended A++

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

So this is the second time, I’ve been to this quirky suburban cafe in a matter of months, as the first time I decided to reserve judgement as my customer experience wasn’t great - so I thought I’d give it a second chance.

Both times, I’ve been to this suburban cafe it’s been busy, a sign of a good cafe and I’d have to say the food and coffee hasn’t disappointed but what let’s this place done is it’s staff.

They appear to be busy but not attending to the fundamental basics. Customer service is about providing a good experience to the customer so that they want to keep coming back and both times this has been lacking. It doesn’t hurt to smile, say hello or make sure someone has sugar for their coffee or water on their table.

If I was looking at this solely from the perspective of good food and coffee, i’d definitely go back but sorry to say service is important to me too.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I came here with my wife and our son on a Sunday morning and expected it to be difficult to get a table. It was very busy with a consistent turnover, but we didn't have to wait and got a table and high chair immediately.

The place is quite small on the inside, but there are a few tables outside and a blocked off lane set up for children to play.

We ordered and our food and drinks came out within about 10 minutes. I had the pancakes with lemon curd and it was delicious. I would definitely recommend. I ordered the kids pancakes for my son and it was huge, definitely big enough for a 2 year old.

Fox and Bow is somewhere I will visit again and it gets my recommendation.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

This was my first visit to the Fox and Bow. We arrived just before the lunch crowd arrived, but there is plenty of indoor and outside seating with plenty of room around the tables to not feel hemmed in.
Ultra quick service and after ordering and paying, the wait was quite short for our meals.
No hesitation in recommending the Fox and Bow, another one of Canberra's fine suburban eateries.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We had Sunday morning breakfast here catching up with a friend and stayed for extra coffees and drinks and had no pressure to leave at any point. Food was delicious, fresh juice amazing and I assume the coffee was great as my husband had three over the few hours we spent. Highly recommend seeking this out, not in a high traffic/touristy area, but worth the 20mins from the centre of Canberra.