Review Highlights
Fabulous free tour at the Mint

A very entertaining and knowledgeable tour guide We went on a weekday so people were working in... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
MelindaM1582
Sydney, Australia
via mobile
Make yourself a coin

Had a wonderful time at the mint, my boy made his own coin, he thought it was pretty cool. Lots of... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from USD 44.00
from USD 11.00
from USD 241.90
1,203 results
All reviews factory floor australian coins make your own coin making dollar coin decimal currency money money money gift shop interesting place to visit guided tour free entry free tour public holiday interesting history worth a visit quick visit school groups
Reviewed 5 April 2018

A Great place whilst visting the Capital a short tour of the mint just perfect fit it in before lunch the cafe did not have much on offer for lunch

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Sonja H
Royal_Aust_Mint, Public Relations Manager at Royal Australian Mint, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thanks for visiting!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

On our family trip to Canberra, the Royal Australian Mint is a must stop for people of all ages. There is so much history from 1788 to present of every coin type of coin printed in Australia as well as those brought by early settlements. It's great seeing the stamping ground of the RAM employees. To top it all off, you can use the old presses and get your very own collectable coin (for a negligible fee). Definitely recommend!

Date of experience: January 2018

Thanks for visiting. Yes, we have a lot of history, but the workers you saw (and many others behind the scenes) are ensuring that our story has new chapters are being written every day. You’ll be welcome back to experience the new stories in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Whenever I have friends coming from interstate or abroad, I always take them to the Mint. A few days ago over Easter I did exactly that for my Japanese friends. They loved seeing the robots in action, striking their own coins, and sitting down for a coffee. There's always something to do, and many things to buy in the shop. I will keep bringing my friends here, thank you!!

Date of experience: April 2018

And thank YOU for being such a passionate Mint ambassador! We’re always looking for new ways to share the story of Australia’s coins with visitors, and will be sure to have something new next time you have friends in town.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Had a great time even though there wasn't any production just about to walk around and see the machinery that's used was in real eye opener and the museum was incredible a lot of history about Australian currency and even though I might be a large collective myself I still learnt a great deal of knowledge and I'm definitely going to go back when I have a bit more time I didn't want to make my friends hang around there for hours while I read everything but I will definitely be making another trip back

Date of experience: April 2018

Thanks for the review. There is certainly a special extra touch when you can see the factory in operation, but just remember that our multimedia touchscreens can show you all of the different parts of coin-making up close. Oh, and don’t be shy about bringing non-collecting friends with you. Even if they aren’t as passionate as you (yet!), we can guarantee that coins have been a part of their lives. This is something we always love to celebrate in our exhibitions.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

the mint sure is a amazing experience to go and visit, easy parking, usually quiet looks like it most times, interesting place to visit that for sure

Date of experience: April 2018

Thanks for the review. It’s an honour for us to share the stories behind our nation’s coins with you (and everyone else who comes to visit!)