Rydges Capital Hill Canberra
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Realm(Canberra)(Great Value!)
USD 176*
  • Pool
Hotel Kurrajong Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
USD 140*
USD 110*
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
USD 110*
USD 101*
USD 122*
AdinaHotels.com.au
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
Forrest Hotel And Apartments(Canberra)(Great Value!)
USD 96*
Agoda.com
1,135 results
All reviewsparliament housepriority guestfree wifibuffet breakfasttwo double bedsmanuka shopsindoor poolspa bathnational galleryhotel restaurantundercover parkingfull buffetspacious roomshort drivequestaconexhibitionaustralia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I have stayed at a few hotels in Canberra and many are getting on in age a bit which other contributors note. What I like about Rydges Capital Hill are the staff, they are interested and will go out of their way to assist. On this visit I arrived around 11pm and wanted to have a drink with a colleague and teh duty manager made very prompt arrangements for us though the bar had just closed. The rooms are comfortable, the bed pretty good and pillows OK. If Parliament is sitting you will have breakfast with many well known faces in the room and this place seems to have unlimited newspapers papers available and great variety. Importantly this hotel is just a 12 minute walk to my favourite restaurant in Canberra, Portia's Place - you must visit and include the duck. I like the bar at the Rydges and they have a good variety of beers on tap and excellent service. If you are going to talk about the politicians you have seen during the day this has to be a good place to have a beer and relax. I will be going back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TrumanWA
Michael S, Front Office Manager at Rydges Capital Hill Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear TrumanWA

Thank you for posting your comment regarding your recent stay at Rydges Capital Hill. I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable visit and found the hotels location to suit your needs. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel for a future stay.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

In Canberra for a day of business and decided to stay at Rydges Capital Hill. Although the foyer sets the expectation of an up market hotel the rooms fail to deliver on that expectation. Very disappointing and value for money is just not there. I really expected something better of a hotel in our nations capital. Will try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: February 2012
Michael S, Front Office Manager at Rydges Capital Hill Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear TrixiaM

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at Rydges Capital Hill. Im sorry you feel that the hotel is not to your expectation and was not value for money. We pride ourselves on our impecable service and value for money and to see that we did not deliver is dissapointing. Please accept my apologies.
Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments regarding yiur stay at Rydges Capital Hill. I hope we are able to welcome you back for a future stay.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

A dated hotel, yet rooms were surprisingly warm and inviting on a cold weekend (albeit very aged).
Staff very helpful and professional.
Location is only short drive from attractions and short walk to Manuka, although not the shortest walk on a cold night!
Certainly a decent place to stay for the heavily discounted price we paid.

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear Dbth2

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback regarding your stay at Rydges Capital Hill. I was pleased to see that you overall enjoyed your stay despite the cold weather. I was also pleased to read that you found the hotel to be of good value with the price that you paid.
Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay at Rydges Capital Hill. I hope we are able to welcome you back on hopefully a sunny & warm day in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Husband & I (late 40s) stayed in Jan 2012 for one night using a discount package ($119 in Queen Superior including full breakfast). Hotel is showing its age and could do with a make over. Reception staff were friendly and efficient. Room was good size, clean, bed comfortable but furnishings were a mix of old and new and mini-bar provided. Flat screen TV was locked down preventing USB / other source inputs from being used, I though this quite petty. Free wi-fi but signal was low in our room, still usable though. Underground car parking was an additional $12, it was also $8.80 to use the gym but free for the pool/spa. Buffet breakfast was OK with ample choice, nothing fancy though. Papers were supplied and plenty of them. Location was close to Manuka restaurants (10min walk) and Parliament House. In summary, a comfortable hotel in need of some attention. Better value for money stays elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear ACT-YaYa

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at Rydges Capital Hill. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with some minor areas where we may need to focus some attention. I have passed on these comments to the General Manager who will personally look into these issues.
Thank you again for taking the time to express your comments regarding your stay. I hope we can welcome you back to Rydges Capital Hill in the future.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed recently at the Rydges Capital Hill. The room was nice (it had a nice view & a VERY comfortable bed), but I agree with all the other posters that it is looking very tired - all the furnishings (except the bed) look over 20 years old and very worn, with a lot of bare wood showing through (and not in a shabby chic kind of way). The food was FANTASTIC - I ordered pork belly and scallops and they were amazing. I bought my room through wotif. Rydges was worth it for the $100 I paid, but I would feel very ripped off if I'd paid the almost $300 full price for a room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor facing parliament house.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank disabled_jetsetter

Dear disabled_jetsetter

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at Rydges Capital Hill. I was pleased to read that you found your room to be good value for money and that the bed was comfortable. I was also disappointed to read that you found the room furnishings to be "tired". I have passed on these comments to the Executive Housekeeper and the General Manager. I have also passed on your comments regarding your meal in the restaurant to the Executive Chef and the Food & Beverage Manager who have asked me to pass on their appreciation to you.
Thank you again for taking the time to express your feedback regarding your stay at Rydges Capital Hill. I hope we will be able to welcome you back to Rydges Capital Hill in the future.