Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sarah D
Dulwich Hill, Australia

Comfortable stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Feb 2024
Overall an enjoyable stay. Hotel is well located, clean, quiet, and comfortable. I got on street parking close by with no problem, and there seemed to be ample paid parking on site as well. Rooms and facility in general are stylish and clean. Comfortable bed - as others say, firm, but this suits me!. Water pressure in the showers was woeful, if addressed I would stay again. Dinner at Chifleys was good, if not pricey. A few other dining options in easy walking distance, some literally across the road.
Trip type: Travelled on business
    AU$197
9.2 km from Hotel Kurrajong Canberra
View more hotels in Canberra
4,999 results
All reviews political history old parliament house old world charm lovely hotel national gallery high court art deco parliamentary triangle within walking distance car parking comfortable rooms buffet breakfast coffee machine would stay again per night convenient location heritage
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2024

I’m wondering how many responses you get because you make it extremely difficult to post a review. You need to be honest in your advertising because as it stands it’s extremely misleading. I will NEVER frequent your establishment again your meals are overpriced and below standard and your rooms are comparable to a shoebox and to top it off, your overpriced parking is NOT secure plus it’s not undercover but out in the open with a feeble boom gate serving as your idea of SECURE parking!!!! The absolute worst hotel experience of my entire life. I would be extremely interested in hearing your explanation to my complaints.

Reviewed 23 February 2024

Was a good experience and the service and room was great
I felt a little peeved about and the reason for the low rating is that the breakfast was 'complementary'. We all know that that means that breakfast is added to the bill, regardless of whether we eat it or not, but it also means that you feel compelled to eat breakfast at the hotel
My partner couldn't make it so effectively I was paying for two

Reviewed 19 February 2024

The dining experience was absolutely horrible. We had a booking at 8pm for my 30th birthday on Saturday. We arrived 10 mins before the booking and was informed our table wasn't ready yet, despite the restaurant having roughly 25 people in at the time. It then took our waiter roughly 10 mins to get our initial drinks order and entrees, with me having to repeat the order multiple times. Our drinks then arrived separately, with my drink arriving after we had eaten our entrees. It then took us a while to get our writer to take our mains and wine order. I again had to repeat multiple times what we ordered and the writer didn't know the wine we were having (the Louis Jadot Bourgogne Des Jacobin) and I wasn't offered a taste or presented the bottle appropriately. When our Mixed Grill came, it was missing the duck sausage, it took me time to flag down the Manager to inform her and that I wanted it all taken back to be plated up appropriately. Instead she just went off and had to wait for our sausages to be cooked while our $120 meal just sat there getting cold. When the sausages arrived they just came our on a plate and were put on the table. The manager completely ignored my request for all the food to be taken and appropriately plated. At this point I had to get up from my table and walk to the Manager to ask if she could appropriately follow our request and she did not understand what I wanted, despite me again having to repeat myself multiple times. I refused to have the meal due to this experience, as this is not a "fine dining" experience as promised. The staff then failed to use our Chifley experience voucher. At this point I left the restaurant and wanted to talk to Saugat about my experience, and thankfully he was as helpful as could be, gave me the managers contact information and ensured he will get them into contact and said to reply to this survey. I was prepared to spend $150+ per head for this dinner as it was for my 30th, but the service was honestly worse than the service I got from McDonald's later that evening, a bit of a disappointing birthday dinner in the end.

Reviewed 19 February 2024

Excellent hotel, with good food, comfortable rooms in old world charm. The outside court yard is a great spot to sit with a quiet drink and nibbles. Very relaxing, comfortable chairs. Extremely comfortable bed.

1  Thank GregR1656
Reviewed 19 February 2024

I have stayed here before and every time it is an enjoyment. A great little place and very convenient. Staff were great, the room was well appointed and bed as super comfy. but the beer prices were a bit high.

• Trip type: Travelled on business