1,338 results
All reviews parliament house great location manuka shops electric blankets off street parking apartment was clean coffee machine quiet location parliamentary triangle short stay stayed in a bedroom apartment short drive free parking would stay again lounge room easy access air conditioner
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for work 18th of September. I researched this place before I booked and did notice some negative feedback. It's dated, the bathroom is only good for one person and the shower is ridiculously close to the tiny basin. But the main reason I booked this place was because their website says it's quiet......and it IS!
I stayed in a unit off Dominion Circuit.
Some of the expensive hotels I've stayed at recently......well, I'd rather stay here in the quiet with these features and sleep at night, than listen to constant road noise, headlights beaming through the windows and being woken up drunks at 2am. The other big plus is that it's close to Parliament house and only 3 minutes from Manuka the local town centre...very practical.

I recommend this place if lack of luxury doesnt bother you and you want a nice peaceful location.

Room Tip: Choose this place if you want somewhere quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Dorothy W, Forrest Hotel And Apartments Team at Forrest Hotel And Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank-you for your feedback, we are so pleased you had a good nights sleep and you enjoyed your stay.
We are a mid range Hotel and Apartments and our strength as you said is our location, and hopefully our warm and welcoming service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Many thanks

The Forrest Hotel And Apartments Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had dinner off the street on Sunday night 16 September with my wife. Only other guests I think were on a bus tour. Dinner sounded great on the blackboard but was terrible and overpriced at $35 each . Maybe they were catering for bus tours and provide good value but certainly not a place I’d recommend for dining.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Dorothy W, Forrest hotel And Apartments Team at Forrest Hotel And Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank-you for your feedback as it only helps us improve.
We are so sorry you didn't enjoy your meal and have had discussions with our
Chef and staff on duty to ensure we are looking after our guests and any concerns that might occur.
We encourage our guests to please let us know if they have any problems at all, so we can address them on the spot.
Your experience at Forrest is important to us,
we are a family business and we really do our best,
to ensure our guests have a lovely stay.
We appreciate your comments and would love to have the opportunity to change your mind about
Forrest Hotel and Apartments
Please contact us directly on admin@forresthotel.com

Yours sincerely
The Forrest Hotel Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Forrest Hotel & Apartments has a convenient location on the south side of the Lake for those visiting Canberra for business or leisure.
Good service in quick replacement of faulty TV.
It is a bit old but comfortable and the breakfast is good at the in-house restaurant.
Short walk to variety of restaurants at Manuka.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Thank-you for your feedback we appreciate your comments
and we are so glad you found our service good and our location so handy.
We hope to see you again soon.

The Forrest Team

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Staying at forest hotel and apartments was definitely one of my favorite parts about my trip. It feels like a wonderful little community here. The accommodations are lovely and everyone is willing to help. The wonderful family that runs the hotel wants to try and meet and talk to everyone staying there or eating in the restaurant. Just wonderful!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Dorothy W, The Forrest Hotel and Apartments Team at Forrest Hotel And Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Thank-you so much for your lovely review,
we really appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon we hope.

Best Wishes

The Forrest Team

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Stay was booked by our corporate travel agent so I have no idea what the cost was. I have recommended to her that we don’t choose it in future regardless.

After reading other reviews I feel like I perhaps have the worst room in the place (room 5). Both beds are as hard as rocks and feel cheap. While the sheets are clean, the old style blanket and cover on top just feels yuk. I barely slept. A mattress topper would be very welcome as would a blanket or quilt update.

Noise from other rooms is intrusive. Room is cramped and stuffy, with a single and double bed in a tiny space and tiled floor from end of bed through to bathroom which is cold and noisy. If you did have more than one person in here, to use the 2 beds, you’d be falling over each other. Bar fridge (which is empty) makes an annoying noise off and on all night. Bathroom is pokey and old with no shelves or cupboards.

I will say, on the positive, that overall the room does feel clean and the shower is quite nice with good water pressure and nice hot water. Towells were nice quality and clean. Other than that I am struggling to find much else on the positive side.

This is really just an old motel that has been painted but is essentially still stuck in 1980. Based on my experience in room 5, I wouldn’t be calling it a “hotel” and I wouldn’t expect too much if you are booking. If you want very basic accomm with an old style motel vibe that’s what you’ll get.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Dorothy W, Forrest Hotel and Apartments Team at Forrest Hotel And Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank-you for your feedback as it only helps us improve,
we have already taken the steps, to fix the little things that were annoying during your stay.
Eg. the noisy fridge and the fleecy blanket have being replaced.

We are a family business and your experience at Forrest Hotel and Apartments is important to us,
and would love the opportunity to change your mind about your stay.

Please contact me directly if you would like to dorothy@forresthotel.com.

Kind Regards