Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Arnie.v

Disgusting!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Dec 2023
30-year-old, disgusting condition apartment. Needs serious attention and renovation. Apartment was nothing like the photos!! Carpets not cleaned in 30 years, mismatched lounge furniture, old TCL TV, disgusting bathroom, shower drain blocked and flooded bathroom.
Date of stay: November 2023
Room Tip: This apartment (1104) is disgusting!
Trip type: Travelled with family
    AU$182
0.1 km from BreakFree Capital Tower Canberra
View more hotels in Canberra
1,265 results
All reviews great location bedroom apartment parliament house lake burley griffin full kitchen beds were comfortable bit dated central location underground parking balcony accommodation laundry floriade gym
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 December 2023

Came to Canberra first family get away booked breakfree through Accor programme I can say totally disappointed and disgusted with room this is not a 4 star as averted more like 2 star reception are never available when complained nothing done my family are extremely unhappy and upset but our stay with the breakfree hotel

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2023

Very unclean. The room was definitely not as presented on the Accor site. Staff were very pleasant, which was great and the location is also great but the owners of the room need a wake up call.
Hope this helps

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Joe Sergi, General Manager at BreakFree Capital Tower Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2023

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the BreakFree Capital Tower Canberra. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At BreakFree, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 November 2023

Picture on the website in no way matched my experience. Breakfast while good value at prebooking was just okay for the price paid. The breakfast restaurant is located in another hotel. Or booking showed a veranda, but we did not have one. Both TVs constantly turned turned off.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Kind Regards

Reviewed 24 October 2023

First, it is not a hotel, it is an apartment building, so do not expect 24-hour reception desk or breakfast or other meals. Second, the apartments are huge, the one I stayed had 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom besides kitchen, living room and washer/dryer. However, the decoration is dated with very odd artwork throughout the apartment, and the carpet seems dirty. Third, the closets had doors that did not work well, drawers that did not fit the closet and broken hangers with nail points showing. Therefore, I maintained the closet open, and I had to organize the additional linen in the closet because it was folded in a very clumsy way. When I did so, I was horrified to notice strange stains in the blankets and duvets, they seemed to be folded after being used (seemed very dirty). Fourth, the bathroom fan was also dirty with lint and dust. Toiletries were nice, although the dispensers of some of them did not work well, seemed clogged. Fifth, when I arrived, the lights were on, and so was the dishwasher with only one sharp knife being washed, I felt uneasy to think that there could be someone else in the apartment (CSI/Criminal Minds chapters came to mind). Finally, the equipment for automated taxi call in the front desk did not work, after 15 minutes waiting for the cab, I gave up and went to the nearest hotel to call a taxi and avoid losing my flight. It was the lowest point of my stay in Canberra. The price is too high considering all the points aforementioned...

Room tip: Go to other hotels, this is not worthwhile.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2023 via mobile

Our family needed an overnight stay in Canberra and this hotel fitted the bill.

It was the cheapest and in the best location for me and my family. The room was furnished in contemporary furniture and was spotlessly clean.

Guest services were very friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Parking is extra (we paid $12/day). We parked outside and there was plenty of space available.
Date of stay: September 2023