Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jason B

Would never recommend to anyone disgusting and disappointing 2 star not 4 stars

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Dec 2023
Came to Canberra first family get away booked breakfree through Accor programme I can say totally disappointed and disgusted with room this is not a 4 star as averted more like 2 star reception are never available when complained nothing done my family are extremely unhappy and upset but our stay with the breakfree hotel
Date of stay: December 2023
    AU$159
6.9 km from BreakFree Capital Tower Canberra
View more hotels in Canberra
1,265 results
All reviews great location bedroom apartment parliament house lake burley griffin full kitchen beds were comfortable bit dated central location underground parking balcony accommodation laundry floriade gym
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 November 2023

Very unclean. The room was definitely not as presented on the Accor site. Staff were very pleasant, which was great and the location is also great but the owners of the room need a wake up call.
Hope this helps

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Joe Sergi, General Manager at BreakFree Capital Tower Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2023

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the BreakFree Capital Tower Canberra. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At BreakFree, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 November 2023

Picture on the website in no way matched my experience. Breakfast while good value at prebooking was just okay for the price paid. The breakfast restaurant is located in another hotel. Or booking showed a veranda, but we did not have one. Both TVs constantly turned turned off.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Kind Regards

Reviewed 24 October 2023

First, it is not a hotel, it is an apartment building, so do not expect 24-hour reception desk or breakfast or other meals. Second, the apartments are huge, the one I stayed had 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom besides kitchen, living room and washer/dryer. However, the decoration is dated with very odd artwork throughout the apartment, and the carpet seems dirty. Third, the closets had doors that did not work well, drawers that did not fit the closet and broken hangers with nail points showing. Therefore, I maintained the closet open, and I had to organize the additional linen in the closet because it was folded in a very clumsy way. When I did so, I was horrified to notice strange stains in the blankets and duvets, they seemed to be folded after being used (seemed very dirty). Fourth, the bathroom fan was also dirty with lint and dust. Toiletries were nice, although the dispensers of some of them did not work well, seemed clogged. Fifth, when I arrived, the lights were on, and so was the dishwasher with only one sharp knife being washed, I felt uneasy to think that there could be someone else in the apartment (CSI/Criminal Minds chapters came to mind). Finally, the equipment for automated taxi call in the front desk did not work, after 15 minutes waiting for the cab, I gave up and went to the nearest hotel to call a taxi and avoid losing my flight. It was the lowest point of my stay in Canberra. The price is too high considering all the points aforementioned...

Room tip: Go to other hotels, this is not worthwhile.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2023 via mobile

Our family needed an overnight stay in Canberra and this hotel fitted the bill.

It was the cheapest and in the best location for me and my family. The room was furnished in contemporary furniture and was spotlessly clean.

Guest services were very friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Parking is extra (we paid $12/day). We parked outside and there was plenty of space available.
Date of stay: September 2023
1  Thank Steve O
Reviewed 22 September 2023 via mobile

Wish I had of read the reviews before booking and staying at this place. Room was absolutely filthy, with stained carpets, dirty walls and an appalling kitchen and laundry which we decided not to use as clearly no one has bothered to clean it properly in a long time. Combined with a charge for internet service, this place is stuck in the early 2000s and is in desperate need of a renno. Also don’t bother booking and paying for a lake view room - can only see it when the wind blows the trees. Certainly looks nothing like the website. Lift your game!

Date of stay: September 2023