Lowest prices for your stay
Mercure
AU$133
AU$120
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Maria C
Wodonga, Australia

Nice accommodation near the city centre.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Mar 2024via mobile
Nice hotel. Very clean and tidy. Good location. The reception is very friendly and accommodating.
We were allowed to check in earlier than 2pm.
The only thing negative is the bathroom. It’s quite small. We have to close the door to be able to sit on the toilet. The water pressure is not good but ok.
We will be happy to stay again.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lukas Wilfling, General Manager at Mercure Canberra, responded to this review
Responded 1 Apr 2024
Dear maria f,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Canberra.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, in particular when it includes our wonderful team. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

AU$166
    AU$163
7.6 km from Mercure Canberra
View more hotels in Canberra
2,260 results
All reviews loft room war memorial city centre plenty of parking buffet breakfast comfortable hotel parliament house bistro olims accor ave braddon ensuite
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 March 2024

The hotel is conveniently located, only few minutes from the city centre. The street level room I stayed in was very spacious, had an enclosed courtyard. The furniture was a bit old, the carpet definitely needed a replacement. This said, the bed was very comfortable. The room and the bathroom was spotless, very clean. The check-in and check-out was very good. The breakfast was basic, very limited food and beverages selection available. Some of the hot food was barely warm. Would I stay again? Perhaps, as the price was very affordable.

Room tip: If travelling with family, ask for a room with a courtyard!
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Lukas Wilfling, General Manager at Mercure Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2024

Dear EM-NS,

Please also allow me to extend my sincere apologies in regard to your breakfast experience and please rest assured that I will share your concerns with my Food & Beverage team.

Reviewed 6 March 2024

Spent four nights at this hotel in a standard room. Room wes comfortable enough , but bathroom was cramped. Hotel is old but certainly has a lot of character. Standard rooms have little or terriblr views, but executive rooms good views onto courtyard. Booked via phone but was not told there was a ten dollar cost to park car each day Dining room open for a very good breakfast, but the so called bistro was part of the public bar , and would have not been out of place in a public bar suburban pub of the seventies. Terrible place, made worse by random punters coming in off the street attempting to scam. A good dining room , so open it at night.please

Room tip: Go for the executive room
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Lukas Wilfling, General Manager at Mercure Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2024

Dear kevindS2735FV,

I'm also pleased to advise that we are currently waiting on the approval of Development Application and once received we will start renovations in our Bistro.

Reviewed 17 February 2024

The room is clean but the bed linen appeared not to be changed from the previous occupant as the base sheet was quite creased and not of fresh appearance or texture. The bed appeared made however. Dogs are allowed and there was barking and crying throughout the night so sleep was very broken. A complaint was made during the night but the disturbance continued. The bathroom was clean and in good order. I would not stay here again.

Room tip: If you stay here insist on a room well away from the pet rooms.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lukas Wilfling, General Manager at Mercure Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2024

Dear H6807OVchrism,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Canberra. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
I obviously don't have any proof about the bed sheets being changed however, I would be very surprised if that didn't occur.

We indeed have 6 pet friendly rooms and in fact are Canberra's first pet friendly hotel. Please allow me to extend my sincere apologies about the noise issues that you experienced and please rest assured that I have shared the feedback with the guests in question.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns.

Reviewed 19 January 2024

Cons - 1. the hotel is a little tired and dated, but clean and I suppose could be described as rustic.

2. the main dining area does not match the ambiance of the rest of the hotel. It's a bit pub/cafe-like. Too many large screens showing sport. For me, at least, that's a con. You can, however, have your meal served in an adjoining area which was delightful with its wood floor and panelling. The comfort of the chairs made up for the low coffee table eating position.

Pros - 1. The rooms were above average in size with all of the usual accessories. The bathroom was functional and boasted the best shower I have ever had at a hotel - bar none. The room was serviced well every day.

2. The breakfast buffet room is a pleasant semi-outdoor setting serving one of the best buffet breakfasts around. Eggs, bacon, baked beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, and sausages as a hot selection. Along with a wide range of cereals, bread, and fruit. All for a reasonable $26. However, if a couple arrives for breakfast they pay just $13 each This sharing, two-for-one arrangement occurs in other areas of the hotel. This was amazing. WE (2) had eight days of tasty breakfasts for just over $200.

3 The main dining room (the spartan one) produces excellent food - I had a perfectly cooked and very tender steak - can't ask for much more. Every evening there was a special menu item for a good price. I think I saw a curry night and a pasta night during our 8-day stay. There was also a nightly blackboard menu as well as the standard a la carte menu. We only ate there twice but on both occasions the food could not be faulted

4. There are several shared areas in the hotel all beautifully rustic, and wood abounds along with framed oils, mostly of dogs.

5. The staff were amazing - very professional, nothing was too much trouble.

6. The real kicker, dogs were welcome, and each room that was available for sharing with your dog(s) had a courtyard with a tree. We were travelling from interstate so our girls were at home in Perth. It was a pleasure to greet many of the furry guests. It's so refreshing to see the contrast to the normal Australian anal attitude to dogs.

I would certainly stay at the Mercure again and would be happy to recommend this boutique hotel. It's not conveniently located for public transport so a car is a good idea. Parking is free.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lukas Wilfling, General Manager at Mercure Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2024

Dear 268nigeld,

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one and hopefully you get to bring your girls with you on your next trip.

Reviewed 7 December 2023 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in a loft room. The room was well furnished, with a table, work desk, couch, upstairs bathroom with a soak tub and queen bed.
This room is not for anyone with problems with narrow stairs. The stairs are very steep and winding to the loft, so if staying here, I would limit my alcohol intake.
The room has a small outdoor balcony which was a pleasure to sit in.
The room is missing an express machine, or nespresso machine.
However iwould stay here again

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lukas Wilfling, General Manager at Mercure Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2023

Dear cameron h,