Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Global30814787134

Good

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Mar 2024
Fel very welcome. The front of house staff were very efficient.

Room was lovely but the pillows need an upgrade . A top sheet was also needed.

The hotel was very quiet at night and the park view was lovely.

The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom and bar fridge was well stocked

Overall very good
    AU$184
7.4 km from Crowne Plaza Canberra, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Canberra
2,041 results
All reviews glebe park park view redsalt restaurant two double beds room service car park outdoor pool buffet breakfast bit dated central location an update long weekend shopping centre mini bar binara concierge parking
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 March 2024

This hotel is in a great location - very close to the convention centre and Canberra Centre and a decent walk to attractions if you like walking (I walked to NMA, NGA, Lake, Parliament and War Memorial - 30mins to 1 hour).

The rooms are large and comfy beds but showing their age. The furniture would have been trendy in the 1990s. And the bathroom would be brand new in the 1980s. Come on CP, time to renovate! I gave same feedback 2 years ago. They really are old and grotty looking. Not good enough for CP brand.

I got an upgrade as Platinum IHG member to a park view - this was nice as it is a quieter side of the hotel. But the points welcome is terrible. I was told I would get 500 points per night so opted for that instead of a drink. But now I see on my statement that I got 600 points in TOTAL. Lousy! Need to train your staff.

The staff were pleasant overall.

Luckily it was hot weather as the pool was so cold (and I swim in the sea in TAS).

I do like this hotel but it is relying on location. The bathrooms are becoming unacceptable and a full renovation is sorely overdue. You can going to have to do it, or change the brand to a lower one.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank wombatdavid
Reviewed 29 February 2024

Visited Crowne Plaza in January 2024 and stayed for two weeks on separate occasions.

Here is a summary of my experience and thus the rating.

The Hotel is located close to eateries, about a 10-minute walk (I walk fast). The Hotel is not the newest in Canberra and has not been renovated. Therefore the room though larger compared to other hotels in Canberra, is very tired.

I enjoy staying at this hotel as my room faces the lovely park. The other side (city view) is facing buildings.

There was a lot of inconsistency each time I visited the hotel. Glasses, cups, or spoons could be missing, The staff are very helpful and will resolve these issues, but for an IHG Hotel, it is rather disappointing.

One of my weeks, the iron was also missing, and the ironing board was unstable.

The bathroom is very 80s with a shower curtain, you need to climb into the bath to have a shower. By the way, I would not recommend using the bath. There is no walk-in shower. Be careful when you get out of the bath and hold on to the rail.

There is a 24-hour gym onsite which is great. The gym does not have a full free weight set but the plus side, the gym does have a lot of exercise machines and they are in good working order for anyone wanting a workout.

There is a pool but given that I did not visit the pool, I will pass on commenting. There is also a sauna in the gym and is rather tiny.

The room service is a hit-and-miss. The food I received was cold. You are better off walking to other short-distance restaurants with a variety of cuisines to choose from.

I believe that this hotel should be rated 3 stars with a lot of potential.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Canberra, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2024

Hi N2443TLal,

Thank you for staying at our Crowne Plaza Canberra. We appreciate you for choosing IHG Hotels and Resorts as your travel buddy.

New modern express productivity, efficiency, and performance, as well as comfort, warmth, and relaxation, are what we offer. I'm sorry for the issues you experienced. I have sent your comments to our dedicated hotel management team to check these things you highlighted for a proper workaround.

You are one of our most valued guests, and we hope to create more positive memories when your travels bring you back to the area.

Yours in hospitality,

Dominador R.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed 19 February 2024 via mobile

Rooms good , bed very comfortable, bathroom excellent, hot water not too hhot, bath with non-slip coating, hand rails strategically placed, plenty of towels, good room service. The one thing I didn’t like about the room was the lighting- bed lamps poor, room lighting too bright. Lighting needs more subtlety!

Reviewed 14 February 2024

I was fortunate enough to qualify for an upgrade to the recently refurbished Executive Suite. This is, without question, the most comfortable, well planned and laid out hotel room I have had the pleasure of staying in, in many years. The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows were a dream to sleep on. The interactive layout between bed, fridge, bathroom and dressing wardrobe is really well thought out. My most enjoyable hotel experience in many years.

Room tip: Get in early for breakfast when Parliament is sitting or during school holidays.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2024

IHG always lift the standard when we stay with them be it in Canberra or Vancouver.
We realise that the 'new normal' has arrived after Covid19 but IHG have risen to the challenge.
Being centrally located help get us to Parliament for dinner and visit Parliament the following day for a momentous day when the Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea addressed both Houses.
Nice and convenient for our purpose.