All reviews apple tv realm hotel realm precinct parliament house light switches top floor two bedroom apartment room service sister hotel comfortable bed free movies car park national gallery business trip quiet area kingston foreshore free parking
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

The room itself was very comfortable and the effort that has been put into the finishing shows. The king size bed was comfortable and the temperature easy to adjust. There was a lack of an easily accessible power outlet by the bed which was inconvenient for charging mobile phone (I ended up just unplugging the bedside lamp).

The shower and toilet area is a little unique in that they are separated from the hand basin in a glass area - it's okay as a solo traveller but it doesn't afford a lot of privacy of travelling as a group.

Use of the small business centre, gym and pool at the hotel across the road is a great feature.

Trip type: Travelled on business
JG_DomaHotels, General Manager at Burbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2016

Dear pizzles_81,

Thank you for your comments surrounding your stay here at Burbury Hotel.

Great to hear that you took full advantage of the precinct, utilising the pool, gym and business centre at Hotel Realm.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

We travel to Canberra every few months and found that the Burbury Hotel offers arrange of accommodation for a fair price

Modern well appointed spacious apartments, we have stayed in both the one bedroom and two bedroom apartments

Both had full kitchens with separate lounge areas

Would suit both long and short stays for business and family stays with ample parking provided.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mickylie,

Great review!

Fantastic to hear of your continued loyalty to Burbury Hotel - I look forward to welcoming you back here in a month or so.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

Rooms and service very good. Pillows and quietness sensational. Breakfast is fairly standard and could do with improvement. A la carte breakfast would be much nicer and be way better than eggs and sausages that had been sitting around keeping warm

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear melissacH9818EC,

That's some username - not sure how you would remember that one!

Nevertheless, appreciate your kind words surrounding your stay here at Burbury Hotel. The Burbury Terrace is a fantastic way to start the morning, with panoramic views of Canberra.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

I've stayed at the Burbury Hotel a number of times now and whilst I could not speak highly enough of the rooms in terms of comfort, functionality, technology, the in room dining service is another issue entirely. Each time I've stayed the food has been warm at best, and unacceptably slow to arrive. In my last visit I waited 1 1/2 for a burger and was told the kitchen was 'busy'. After repeated experiences like this, my recommendation is make sure you leave time to eat elsewhere.

Dear PBroadbridge,

Appreciate your comments surrounding your stay here at Burbury Hotel.

Great to see your loyalty with the hotel, however disappointing to hear of your in-room dining experience.

Ensuring that our guests receive good food, at excellent prices is a focal point of mine and you can expect some changes in the future.

I look forward to your return visit to the property.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

I came to Canberra for a long weekend with my husband and 5 month old son. We booked the one bedroom luxury apartment.

The location of the Burbury was great. Walking distance to both Kingston and Manuka (1 - 1.5km) and 10 minutes drive to the CBD. Also based near the river which is good for cycling or walking. Downstairs are cafe's / bars and restaurants. You can also share the facilities of the 5 star hotel across the road.

The foyer and greeting was lovely, therefore our initial outlook was positive.

When arriving in our apartment we moved the couch back to make room for our pram, only to notice thick dust under the couch. When going to bed we realised the blind for our bedroom window was missing, therefore we asked to change rooms. I did have to follow up with receptionist about this a few times.

We did move rooms approximately 30 minutes thereafter. We were surprised how dirty it was (we were advised that they were trying to find us a clean room). There was red food or some sort on the wall when entering, a dirty tissue under the bed (I looked as I was super paranoid), dirty dishes/cutlery when we went to use them, marks all over the walls, the coffee table was damaged, the bedroom cupboard doors had come off, the couch and carpet both had dirty marks. The list could go on.

I have stayed in many hotels / motels both nationally and internationally and unfortunately I felt this was one of the dirtiest.

The apartment itself is modern however given everything else outlined above I did feel comfortable and will not be returning here.

Room tip: stayed in the 1 bedroom luxury suite which was great if you want a kitchen
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rosey_Sydney01

Dear Rosey_Sydney01,

Thank you for sharing your comments in relation to your stay here at Burbury Hotel.

Great to hear you found the location very convenient to your needs, however disappointing to hear of your experience through Housekeeping.

Please be assured that this is high on my priorities, ensuring a more positive guest experience.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.