Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Liz M

Peppers Gallery Canberra

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Apr 2024
Disappointed with our stay at Peppers Gallery in Acton, Canberra.

Negatives -
Size of room
Cob webs all on the windows
Drainage in the shower
Every time we re entered our room we had to get the card deactivated at reception
Lack of free parking around the Hotel as suggested by Staff at booking.
Breakfast very average

Positives -
Comfortable bed
Linen
Dark room.
Won’t be returning.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Consider booking elsewhere
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    AU$115
6.7 km from Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra
View more hotels in Canberra
2,338 results
All reviews premier room new acton street parking comfortable bed coffee machine reception staff city centre business trip an upgrade across the road bicicletta anu cinema precinct bath floriade blinds
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 April 2024 via mobile

Wonderful Peppers Gallery Hotel experience from checkin to check out.
Majestic history filled hotel with amazing staff from front office to dining to housekeeping. Ideally located in the centre of Canberra easy access to everything on offer. Great rooms and fantastic bathrooms.

Huge thanks to Gin in front office with his patience and support. Shout out also to Birat.

Huge recommendation to dine in at Bicicletta’s with a modern Italian theme to tantalise all your culinary desires. You will be in great hands with the dining team led by Nickolas. Thank you also to Janu and the creative kitchen team.

धन्यवाद साथीहरू ट्रू मास्टर शेफहरू
Dhan'yavāda sāthīharū ṭrū māsṭara śēphaharū

High recommendation from me

Room tip: Book limited parking but some outdoor parking around hotel for overnight stays
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Dean_Cer
Peppers Gallery, General Manager at Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2024

Dear Dean,
Thank you for a wonderful review and glad to hear my team looked after you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Canberra.

Reviewed 24 March 2024

Lovely hotel in a great location for access to the lake. The onsite Italian restaurant served delicious food at reasonable prices and it was lovely to sit outside for pre dinner drinks. The room was clean and comfortable and all staff were friendly and helpful. We will return!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Peppers Gallery, General Manager at Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2024

Thank you for leaving a review. Glad to hear you had a memorable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Canberra.

Reviewed 5 March 2024

Like so many hotels, this one has nice public areas. The rooms however are totally disappointing.
Mine was dirty, the bed sheets didn't fit the bed and it came apart duringthenight, the water pressure was low, the bathroom lights were dim, the internet was slow, the TV had dead pixels, the windows had cobwebs.
But the A/C was good.

Room tip: The common areas were nice but my room was most disappointing.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Justin5167,
Thank you for leaving a review from your recent stay. Disappointing to hear of the issues you have encountered. I will discuss your feedback with my team to ensure shortfalls are addressed to allow us to serve our guests with an improved experience.

Reviewed 2 March 2024

Needed a quick stay to extend my Canberra stay, and they luckily had room. Upgraded with a lovely room I've had before that has everything. Nespresso machine, rain shower, blackout curtains, excellent aircon, scrumptious linen and perfect woodfired pizza in the restaurant. I can't fault this place.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Peteroz99,
Thank you for leaving a review and glad to hear you had a wonderful stay. Look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 26 February 2024

As an Accor Plus Gold member, I booked via the app 2 days prior to our stay. I paid by credit card and received the booking confirmation. We arrived ready to check in at 8pm and was told that our booking had been cancelled as I had apparently not paid. I showed him proof that my credit card has been debited and he was initially adamant that I (or someone who had access to my account) had cancelled my booking. I assured him that at the time that he claimed the booking was cancelled, we were travelling and certainly did not cancel the booking. I waited (with small child in tow) for close to an hour whilst the man on reception called to try to find out what had happened. He asked me to pay again, which I was obviously not prepard to do seeing that my credit card had been debited. After a very long and tiring wait, he advised that he would reinstate my booking and check us in. He advised that I should return to settle everything in the morning. The supervisor in the morning asked that he hold an amount on my credit card until they were sure that the credit card payment had been processed. The amount was finally reinstated, however it was a terrible experience as a very loyal Accor member and a first stay at the Peppers Gallery.

The rooms were comfortable enough, and breakfast was just ok. The car parking is quite a long walk from the hotel and it would potentially pose difficulty for those with mobility issues.

I would not recommend staying at the hotel after being accused wrongfully of cancelling my own booking. There was no follow up whatsoever to verify what had happened or to confirm that my credit card was not going to be debited twice.

Not a good experience......

Date of stay: January 2024