Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Christopher M
Khao Lak, Thailand

Excellent location, fantastic stay. great rooms

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Feb 2024
The staff at the hotel are always friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Rooms are well appointed. I had 2 different rooms due to different requirements and they merged the room requirement's giving me the best option for the entire stay. I use this hotel frequently and will continue to do so!
Trip type: Travelled with family
  • Algotels
6.7 km from Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra
View more hotels in Canberra
2,338 results
All reviews premier room new acton street parking comfortable bed coffee machine reception staff city centre business trip an upgrade across the road bicicletta anu cinema precinct bath floriade blinds
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2024

Loved the atmosphere, the service and the food! We had pizza, Vegetariana, crispy kale, broccollini, mozzarella, chilli flake, goat’s cheese, lemon wedge and house cocktail... we will be back!
We visited after movie at the palace then strolled round the dome afterward, with its bright colourful lights, and took in the sight of the screensound building with it's changing colours. Very interesting and beautiful on a lovely Canberra Night. Sue

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Peppers Gallery, General Manager at Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2024

Wonderful to hear you had a great experience in our restaurant Bicicletta! I will pass on your feedback to my restaurant team and we look forward to hosting you soon!

Reviewed 20 January 2024

Stayed just the one night. Upgraded to a king room from a petite Queen; sure bed "leather" getting a little tired, but what a lovely room overall. Easily the best block out curtains we've ever experienced; 7.30am for a sleep in, thought I'd woken pre 5.30am it was so dark.

Only choice of one on tap beer to use my Accor complimentary drink voucher reduces rating to 8 from 9. (I prefer a dark beer variety, only had a Pale option); and no free parking under cover reduced in from 10 to 9 - we did find overnight parking directly out front (functionally after 4pm until 9.30am).

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review from your recent stay at Peppers Gallery. Glad to hear you had a memorable stay and I have taken note of action items to work with my team. I hope to welcome you soon for your next stay in Canberra at Peppers Gallery Hotel.

Reviewed 19 January 2024

Didnt enjoy my stay at Peppers Gallery. Many of the basics are missing here.

At check-in the piano was so loud I couldnt hear receptionist properly. We had to speak loudly to try communicate. I was sure i heard breakfast was at 6am, which it wasnt.

My room was on Level 2 and away from reception. The distance was no issue, but there are 3 sets of 5-6 step stairs to navigate. Even if i took the lift the experience was not nice.

Room is was not to high standard. No towel rails, though the awful bathroom doors have short raise suitable for a face cloth.

Basic amenities not in room, but a note instead asking to call reception if you want some. Using the iron is not nice experience either becasue the most suitable place to use is in the bathroom, and its not a large space.

Closet was very dusty and since its only a wide open space using the kettle wasnt going to be a hygenic experience due to the dustyness.

Side table had some fluid smeared underneath the glass surface, dont even want to imagine what it was.
The matress is not flat and has a significant groove on one side.

TV was not a smart tv and not nice to use. Controller didnt seem to work well and the tv had a delay in responding to the button press on the remote.

From the poor communication at check-in (from overbearingly loud piano) i was early for breakfast following morning. Sat around for 20mins.

Coffee machine had issues each morning. Long black doesnt work on the machine. The flat white i tried had no coffee, just water and milk.

Location is about a 15 minute boring walk to city.

Positives - Staff seemed nice.

I will not be staying here again. First Peppers experience.

Room tip: Coffee?? Forget it. Machine is awful... when its working.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Destination653500
Peppers Gallery, General Manager at Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2024

Dear Destination653500,
Thank you for taking time to post a review from your stay. I am disappointed to hear of your experience as this is not what we want our guests to have staying at Peppers Gallery.
Being a heritage property, our hotel comes with plenty of charm and some quirks such as sets of steps in the corridors, numerous mirrors in corridors, artwork in rooms etc. On occasion when our guests require a room move to ensure better experience our team are always on hand to assist. Regarding amenities in our rooms, as part of our sustainability initiatives to minimise waste, certain amenities are only available at your request. I have taken feedback regarding housekeeping to discuss with my team to ensure our quality checks are to standards before releasing the room for our guests to check in. I would like to once again thank you for your feedback, as it is feedback such as yours assist us to further improve the services we offer to our guests and always strive to provide a memorable experience. If you are planning to stay in Canberra soon please do get in touch with us so that we can ensure we can showcase our hotel and its service as experienced by our loyal guests.

Reviewed 24 December 2023

Hotel is in a good postilion and very clean and tidy. Rooms are generous. There is limited parking and not on site. Breakfast was enjoyble if not a little disorganized. There are a few good restaurants close by.

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Jennib987,
Thank you for taking time to post a review from our stay. Glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and the services offered. I have taken note on breakfast service for further action. I look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay.

Reviewed 13 December 2023 via mobile

Whilst not very good it was good. Zero issue check in reception lovely and cheerful and afforded me an upgrade. Room decent size and clean a little worn esp bed head I was a little scared just how it bacme so ...worn like it'd been chewed! The room was fine for a solo traveller and worked from the desk.
Bed soft.
No view
Air Con was very efficient and my cleaner must be a polar bear as was set to 16c each day
Wifi great
TV had a usb port love that
Bathroom style over functional toilet slow to flush
Pod coffee a treat but no bottle opener in room
Body products lovely
Buffet breakfast so so more a sides to your main should one opt for off the menu
Fine location I found walkable to Civic but lacking in a variety of eats
No gym
Would stay again as quiet and was walking distance to all my wants

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank joancollins69
Peppers Gallery, General Manager at Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2023

Dear Joan,

We are so pleased to hear that your check-in experience was pleasant and that you received an upgrade. We appreciate your positive feedback and have taken notes for further improvement.

Thank you again for taking time to leave us your honest review, it truly means a lot to us here at Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra. We hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit!

Peppers Gallery Canberra