The Rose and Crown(Slaley)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
USD 79
USD 124
USD 133
USD 118
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 136/night.

The George Hotel(Chollerford)
USD 85
USD 77
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 92/night.

Langley Castle Hotel(Langley-on-Tyne)
Free cancellation until 04/08
USD 169
USD 139
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 167/night.

Free cancellation until 02/08
USD 79
Free cancellation until 03/08
USD 105
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 118/night.

Free cancellation until 30/07
USD 131
USD 77
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
3,403 results
All reviewsgolf coursespa treatmentsevening mealdukes grillon arrivalhadrians restaurantgolf breakplay golfafternoon teabuffet stylebottle of wineour waiterrelaxing staysteam roomquad bikingmain restaurantnight break
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my friend are both turning 40 this year. We decided to have a spa break it’s something we do together every now and then. A girl at work had been last year and recommended it.

We arrived at the hotel around 10.45 ready for our spa treatments at 11:30. The reception staff were welcoming and advised they would take our cases and have them put in our room for us when it was ready.

We went to the spa and checked in, we completed our forms and I even changed my treatment to full gel manicure which was no problem. The chill out room is very comfortable and relaxing.
Vicky did my treatment and she was lovely, warm and welcoming. Made me feel lovely and relaxed and did a great job on my nails. Helped me find two colours to compliment each other.
My friend had the back to business back massage (sorry I don’t know who did it) but Louise said it was amazing. Really helped with her neck and shoulder pain. We decided to go for our lunch at 1pm then use the pool area.

The lunch:- I wasn’t sure what to expect as it just said lunch was included in the deal. We got there early and we were greeted by a lovely girl who showed us to a table and advised it would be ready soon.
It was a buffet with two hot choices of food
A pasta tortellini and pesto and chicken stroganoff and rice dish.
There was tomato soup, salad bar and two choices of cake.
Fruit juice supplied also.

The chicken stroganoff was ok but tasteless didn’t taste like any other stroganoff I’ve had before. It was ok though, the salad bar I felt looked cheap that they were all in empty ice cream tubs! Not what I’d expect from 4star hotel. The pasta dish had a strange taste to it.
I didn’t eat much of the salad I took as none of it tasted good the coleslaw was like cheap one u buy in supermarket. The desserts were awful it tasted like it was something bought In cheaply. There was some fruit sliced up but looked dry and nasty. Overall we were not too impressed. The glasses for juice were tiny, means u have to keep getting up. To get more can I suggest u put out bigger glasses??

Off back to the pool area!!
So we went back to the pool area changed into our swim wear and went an d found some beds. We thought it was a nice area and managed to get in the jacuzzi and sit in there to relax for a while before a swim. But then the kids arrived, I get it’s Easter school holidays but I was under the impression that kids were not allowed in pool area. I’m sure I read that on your website. I have nothing against kids but it was over taken with screaming kids and really spoilt our chilling out time. It would be much better if you could have a children area and a child free area for adults on spa breaks. We shaw that there was a two hr gap that’s child free but part of that time was when we had lunch. We decided to leave the spa and go to check in our room.

The room wasn’t ready, it was around 2.50 and I know it’s 3pm to check in. So we went to bar 19 to get a drink. We waited a good 8 mins to be served the girl behind the bar was not pleasant. It looked like she was alone on the bar so maybe she was just over worked. I also saw the chef serving the food in the bar, not something I’d expect to see in a 4 star hotel!! I have a feeling your under staffed.
I used the toilets near the bar. They are very dated and there was no toilet roll in the toilet I used. I had to wait for the lady in next cubicle to leave before I could get some. On my return to the table I saw our cases being taken to the room. So I went and checked us in.

Same girl on reception that I had spoken to earlier. She checked us in swiftly and advised me that the mini bar was “free” which is not true as we had booked a VIQ room and had paid for the drinks package!!
The drinks in the mini bar were not really things I would drink. I would have expected some spirits available. More choice than Diet Coke as a soft drink. I don’t like coke personally, so I wouldn’t book this type of room again for the drinks package.

The room was lovely huge bed, nice view of the falling snow. The guy had hung out coats up and put the cases in our room for us.
The bathroom was lovely nice tiles on the bath. The taps took a little to work out for the shower heads and to fill the bath but we worked it out eventually. The room was really cold I tired pressing the power button on the air con but it just said off. I couldn’t get it to put the temp in the room up. There was a awful draft coming from the window. And I was cold through the night. The pillows went flat as soon as u lay ur head on them. I find this to be the case in most hotels not sure why!!

We went to harridans for dinner:- part of the spa package. I want sure what to expect after having had the lunch but I wasn’t expecting much.
We were booked for 8pm we got there at around 7.55 there was two guys waiting before us and a few stood behind us waiting to be seated. It took a good 5 mins to be seated then over 10 before we had to ask if we could get some drinks. Another 10 before placing the order for food. The starters came quickly we both had chicken liver pâté which was lovely.
I had the rump lamb with spring greens and potatoes with mint jus. Which was very nice.
Louise had steak and chips which she said was lovely. For dessert louise had the warm carrot cake and gingerbread ice cream. Which she really enjoyed. I had the white chocolate mouse which was ok not worth paying £7 for. But overall the food on the evening was much better than the lunch.

Breakfast: plenty of choice it wasn’t until after we had ate our breakfast we noticed the menu on the table for fresh things from the kitchen. There was plenty of bacon, sausages eggs, beans, mushrooms and tomatoes. Fresh fruit, yogurt and meats and cheeses. Danish pastries.
You can have plenty tea and coffee again the glasses for juice are too small! I’d advise u get bigger glasses. We had cooked breakfast and toast and we both enjoyed it.

Overall we enjoyed our stay, we left a little disappointed that the relaxing spa time got spoilt by being over ran with kids. I get kids love to be in a swimming pool and it’s a great way for parents to entertain their kids. But when you have booked a relaxing spa day you want peace around the pool area. Not screaming kids!!

There’s areas of the hotel that are looking shabby and in much need of being updated. The public toilets for one. The toilets in spa area. Some of the pool area is also in need of repair their was big puddles on the floor.

I get with hotels it’s hard to do renovations without closing the hotel and that costs a lot of money.

A little gutted it didn’t live up to the expectations we had. My advise is if u want to relax don’t go in school holiday times.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Andrew F, General Manager at Slaley Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to leave your detailed feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that the start of your day in the spa was good and you and friend enjoyed your treatments as well as many other aspects of your stay which were good. However it is always disappointing to read when guests have been left disappointed by any aspect of their stay. I will share your feedback with our food and beverage team regarding spa lunch as I am sure they will want to address your concerns and make changes where necessary. We have 3 allocated times during the day when children are not permitted in the spa to allow us to create a more relaxing atmosphere and naturally throughout the holidays we do have a large number of families who will want to access the pool out of these times. I am sorry if this was not communicated better to you.
Your feedback will be shared with the management team as it is very important to us to review the positive and negative aspects of any guest stay.
I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Nice room good value for money. Spa needs updating and cleaning. Food was tasty. Lovely setting. Overall it needs a bit of a makeover but was good for the price. Very relaxed atmosphere. Some decor is looking a bit dated. Too many children in the spa.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Andrew F, General Manager at Slaley Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to leave your 4 star review, I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and found us good value for money. We are hoping for investment this year which will see changes to areas including the spa. We do get very busy with families especially during the school holidays and weekends when naturally they will want to enjoy the facilities, however we do have adult only times to allow us to create a more relaxing atmosphere. The steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi are also areas children are not permitted as well as the relaxation room for guests on a spa break. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Everything was great( except Claret Jug restaurant), perfect place for relax, very quite. Very comfortable beds.
Restaurants:
Hadrian's Brasserie - amazing and delicious food, great service, very nice waiters and waitresses .
Claret Jug- horrible food, not tasty and really disgusted staff! Very rude, not helpful. Absolutely not recommend that restaurant!
That’s why only three * * *
Also Big advantage - hotel dog friendly :)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Ewa
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am pleased to read you found everything great except the Claret jug which is disappointing to see. It is always nice to read that our staff have made a good impression and food was lovely in our Hadrian's restaurant. I am sorry you did not experience the same in the Claret Jug. Your feedback will be shared with the team for review as all feedback is very important to us.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Came here for afternoon tea so decided to book an overnight stay too, beautiful room for afternoon tea and excellent service. our room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was very tasty, hot and plenty of selection.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesnt have an ajoining door, no sound proofing!
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Niki
Thank you for taking the time to leave your 5 star review, I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and you decided to stay after your afternoon tea experience.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future for another stay.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Lovely setting very friendly staff plus valet parking available.extremely helpful for guest with whheelchair and limited mobility.room had everything necessary to make our stay memorable,will certainly book here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Andrew F, General Manager at Slaley Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Glennice
Thank you for leaving your 5 star feedback, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to cater to your needs to make your stay memorable.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.