“Quirky little place but lovely ”
Review of The Eagle Barge

The Eagle Barge
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Laggan
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped for lunch at the Eagle Barge. What a lovely quirky place! We ate outside enjoying the views. The tomato and basil soup was lovely, no butter for the roll but it was still very nice. The service was polite but the lady could smile a bit more :-)
The Barge is definitely interesting little gem worth visiting.

William B, Manager at The Eagle Barge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Hi there.
Thankyou for your happy review. Sorry for the butter, was an oversite on our behalf.
See you again

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Passed a sign for the floating café, so we turned round and we were glad we did. What a lovely off the beaten track area. Although we only stopped for a sandwich and tea we had a lovely time watching the boats in the lock and enjoying the peaceful scenery. I wish I had known about the Eagle before as I would have booked for a meal, in these beautiful surroundings, hopefully I will have the chance to return.

2  Thank S6243PPrichardg

Thankyou for your review.
Look forward to maybe seeing you on your return.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Ate here twice--had a smoked salmon and some bass. Both were excellent, plus they have several light sabers from I think the prequels, which they encourage you to turn on and play with (but not swing them around since they are fragile). Nice place to have some food and drink in the evenings, although booking is essential since they but the ingredients for your dinner that afternoon.

William B, Manager at The Eagle Barge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Glad you enjoyed the sabres.
I'd like to clarify we "Buy" ingredients... Your wee typo means something very different lol.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Such a cool pub! What’s not to like? Great location on the water with amazing views, if you sit on top of the barge. Inside, it’s very cosy and quirky....comfy sofas, a collection of swords, sabres and light sabres from various films, including Star Wars! My husband said the real ale was perfect...he knows his beer! We had some simple bar food which was not only delicious (best chips I’ve had in a long time), but was served quickly and was great value for money! Loved it! The barge has an interesting history too.

William B, Manager at The Eagle Barge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Thankyou for a very in depth review. Sound like you took it all in. Glad you had fun.
Hope to see you again

Reviewed 21 August 2018

We were recommended to book a meal here as part of our boating holiday, visited firstly for drinks but after visiting their toilets decided against booking as they were absolutely filthy looked like they hadn't been looked at for days, and were further put of by the attitude of female cook speaking to other staff. The barman was very nice and the boat has a great atmosphere.

William B, Manager at The Eagle Barge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

I apologise for your experience.
I assure you that everything is up to scratch while myself and Victoria are run it.
I will address your issues with the staff in question and hope we can give you a better return visit should you come back.