All reviews afternoon tea charming hotel kippers small hotel stayed for one night little touches breakfast menu town centre pleasant stay lovely room second to none many thanks bed was very comfortable full english warm welcome newark hungarian
Reviewed 29 September 2018

I stayed in room 10 on the 1st floor. It was cold and the heating was not working. I was staying for just one night and I came back rather late from dinner so I did not bother complaining. It was an old style room, with creaking floor and drafty windows. The shower was the "electric" type with a selector. It looked old fashioned but it worked fine. I had an enjoyable cooked breakfast, served at the table. I paid 80 pounds for a single room with breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2018

Yesterday I went to a funeral wake at Grange Hotel , I thought the buffet wasn't worth the money , also the lack of drinks behind the bar was very poor as they ran out of bottles of lager and sent out to get some more only to run out again about an hour later , no draught lager , I think it's very badly run to run out of drinks when people have booked the room for this sad day , also the staff behind the bar kept disappearing when people wanted serving and quests were having to ring the bell for service

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank newarkblueboy
Reviewed 15 September 2018

This is certainly a gem of a hotel with a small friendly efficient staff and a top class chef. There is plenty of off road parking, access to the hotel is easy and we were given a warm welcome when we arrived and enjoyed an excellent cream tea served in Wedgwood china. (booked in advance to avoid disappointment). Our first floor room was of adequate size and equipped with all we needed. We dined in and were impressed by the quality and quantity of food served. The waitress was extremely friendly and we were well looked after. Breakfast was again well presented and of high standard.
We enjoyed more cream teas during our stay as they were so well presented. The bar is well stocked and the manager extremely friendly.
We hope we will be able to return to this hotel in the future. It may look old fashioned (thats what many people like) but you cannot fault the service and the facilities.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank K M
Reviewed 13 September 2018

This small hotel has won a lot of awards. The food is excellent. I had dinner and breakfast there. Ate so much at dinner I passed by the numerous cooked breakfast options in favour of porridge and toast. The friendly waitress anxiously enquied if that was all I wanted. But the porridge was great and just the thing for a chilly damp early autumn morning. To be honest I would not rave about the room. My single was compact! Bed was very comfortable and ensuite was clean but shower was a typical UK one ie indifferent water pressure. Radiator not working or at least not for me, so room a bit chilly for this Australian.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night,really helpful and friendly staff on arrival. Couldnt fault cleanliness of room, anx bed was so comfortable. Lovely cooked breakfast with several choices available. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple