“Perfect pet friendly home from home”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Redroofs Barn

Lounge with plenty of comfy seating for guests lounge
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lounge with plenty of comfy seating for guests
lounge
lounge
Master/Family Bedroom sleeping for up to 4 guests
Master/Family Bedroom Juliet Balcony
Twin bedroom
Seperate Shower Room adjacent to the twin bedroom ,all towels are provided
Well equipped kitchen
Kitchen
Picnic benches are provided on the gravelled courtyard area
Beautiful rural views from the barn
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 37 reviews

Reviews from our community

misslouel...
York, United Kingdom
“Lack of privacy - left early”
Reviewed 9 December 2020 for a stay in December 2020
person found this review helpful

The lodge is situated in the country side on a main road next to working farms and a train track. You can watch the trains go past on a night if that’s your type of thing. The lodge is athletically pleasing and cosmetically renovated to a good standard. Although it’s a shame the ‘log burner’ is only decorative.

The owners property is directly next door and the hot tub is beside the owners garden divided by a wooden fence. So if you need anything Sally will be there to help.

This is why we felt the property wasn’t private enough for us.

- Owner turned up unannounced whilst we was in the hot tub.
- Dog walkers can see directly into the hot tub.
- Hot tub in view the farmhouses and the owners garden.

The lodge is pet friendly so as a new guest you expect some hairs from the previous people. But pet owners are asked to mop and sweep pets hairs before check out and the property is supposed to be deep cleaned after each stay. However there was an excessive amount of dog hair on the floors and a small amount in the bathrooms. Please be aware if you are a small dog owner it would easily be able to fit through the metal fence that leads to the main road.

Plenty of rules in place to keep everyone safe, here are some of them:

- No outdoor drinking.
- No outdoor music.
- In and out of the hot tub every 15 minutes for health reasons.
- Cannot use the hot tub between 3-4pm, after 9pm or before 10am.
- Only one toilet roll per bathroom allowed (4 night stay, 4 people). Was told this is due to Covid. That’s fine but wasn’t told this before hand. (I double checked the documents sent).

The bed frames are fine however mattress’s wasn’t good quality. The king size bed sheet is stained. The kitchen is well equipped with everything you need. Bring some extra pans with you if you plan on cooking for more than 4 people.

The welcome pack was lovely and a great addition. There is a little co-op within a 5 minute drive and the property offers free onsite secure parking. The town centre is only a 15 minute drive too.

We ended up checking out one day early due to issues with the hot tub and sadly feeling unwelcome.

Day 1 - The hot tub was not ready on arrival, had to wait till 5 or 6pm. We did arrive half an hour early but we offered to wait outside in the car until 4pm check in time but Sally kindly let us in early.
Day 2 - Came downstairs at about 10am and Sally was in the garden waiting to tell me ‘we have a problem’ We couldn’t use the hot tub until 2.30pm because it had been topped up due to water spilling out the night before (cold water used). There was four adults in a full hot tub so obviously some water is going to come out. On check in we was told if we want it topping up with hot water there would be a charge. Hot water was never offered to us, it was default topped up with cold water. Myself and my partner were sat in the hot tub and all of a sudden the owner came rushing out of no where because I failed to put the lid down correctly saying if it would have broken it would have cost £500 I was then asked to get out of the hot tub Infront of her to show me how it works. I was freezing in my towel soaking wet stood in front of the owner whilst she demonstrated how it works. This was humiliating for me, I suffer from bad anxiety and the way this was dealt with was totally wrong and no respect for my privacy. Would have been nice to let me get changed first. I found it odd how the owner knew straight away that the lid wasn’t off correctly. After the panic was over Sally did tell us to get back in the tub and not worry but by this point I felt embarrassed.

Day 3 - We left early because the owner unplugged the hot tub. Reason for being the hot tub was apparently left on and we could have blown the motor due to the water been under the jets. However this was not true and have evidence of this. I checked with the other couple and it was 100% turned off. The owner didn’t ask why we why was leaving early, we proceeded to put the key in the security box and left. We cleaned the house and stripped all the beds as requested.

Deposit delay - We left Thursday around 2pm we didn’t get our £200 deposit back until Sunday around 2.30pm. Despite the 48 hour policy. Had to chase and chase to be sent a generic copied and pasted irrelevant response.

Don’t expect repeat customers when you are petty over toilet roll and turn up un announced outside of hot tub check times. None of us could relax and constantly felt on edge. Never have I stayed anywhere and felt this uncomfortable and unwelcome. Such a shame because we was all looking forward to the stay.

In addition , I do not think asking guests to leave a 5* rating in exchange to be entered into a price drawer is the way to run an honest business. Id have thought honest reviews allow the owner to see areas of improvement.

Sally the owner has set up trip advisor so guests cannot add photos hence no photos added.

I hope this review can be seen as constructive feedback.

Thank you!

Date of stay: December 2020
Amy O
“Perfect pet friendly home from home”
Reviewed 14 October 2020 for a stay in October 2020

This beautiful converted barn was the perfect weekend getaway for me and my family, including the dog Maximus, who is a big german shepherd. Sally made us all very welcome, the bottle of fizz and cake were nice little extras, but the barn itself was done out to such an amazing standard I said I could easily live there. It's very spacious but cosy and a lot of effort has gone into the small details. The hot tub is the icing on the cake, very relaxing to sit in there and look out over the farmers fields. Was genuinely one of the best places I've stayed in UK , thanks for making it so special Sally!

Date of stay: October 2020
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
OnAir0710...
“Perfect quiet getaway”
Reviewed 10 October 2020 for a stay in October 2020

A brilliant cottage in a lovely quiet location but handy for lots of lovely towns including Lincoln, Newark & Southwell plus Clumber Park, Sherwood Forrest and for kids, Sundown Adventure Land.
Red Roofs is very well maintained and comfortably furnished with pretty much everything you would need for a self catering holiday.
We have been many times and hope to visit again before too long.

Date of stay: October 2020
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
colinlavo...
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 25 September 2020 for a stay in September 2020

We have just returned from Redroof Barn. What a beautiful cottage so warm clean and comfortable in beautiful surroundings.
Lovely touches such as chocolate cake and wine left for us. This cottage has everything you need for a wonderful stay. Lots of local attractions mean this barn is in a perfect location.
If you are looking for somewhere to stay in this area do not hesitate in booking this.
Thank you Sally for a wonderful stay xx

Date of stay: September 2020
TraceyTwi...
“Relaxing break”
Reviewed 20 September 2020 for a stay in September 2020

We visited for a long weekend with our teenager and energetic dog. The barn was so comfortable and had everything we needed including the hot tub and wonderful views. A warm welcome from Sally (adhering to covid restrictions) and some yummy treats waiting for us in the kitchen. The only downside is that we didn't book to stay for longer

Date of stay: September 2020
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
USDUSD
Australia
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.