“Dissapointed ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped for breakfast to find potential for a lovely place, but instead got miserable staff, cold beans and dirty tables. To be fair the cooked breakfast was good except for the beans and tomatoes. As far as a motorway stop goes it's better than your average McDonald's option.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I stopped for a snack on the way home. I asked for ham sandwiches and they made them specially. The bread was very thick but the ham was nice.The cappuchino was acceptable .There were trays of crockery on the tables but they were cleared after a while. It wasn't very warm inside but it was a freezing day. The shop has some nice cakes as well as gifts to buy but it was all the same as I saw on the last visit. I will go there again as it is in such a useful place on my journey. Pity the garage was shut!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We discovered a lovely place for hearty breakfast or Sunday roast, but now after dining there for several years, we will give it a miss in future! Mother's Day Roast was very poor, hardly warm food, soggy veg. fire had gone out and children running all over with no control! The only thing that was hot , was pudding, which had been in the microwave. Has this place changed ownership recently?

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped here after a few hrs of driving rather than the nearby McDonald's. Food took ages to come, not that nice, overpriced and shocked that with that many staff, they were walking around the place without clearing the tables of customers long gone. Back to McD's it is.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I have visited the Friendly Farmer on many occasions when travelling . The food is always very good, home made and generous, the staff are young and very polite and helpful. However today there was a new system for ordering and paying which was irritating and even stressful ... after 5 hrs travelling in heavy traffic!! Extensive menu on a board above the serving area... I chose and then queued to request my choice.... I was then told I had to queue and pay first.... then take my receipt back to the serving area.. with my coffee etc to wait to be served with my choice!
In addition as my partner ordered something not on view, but it was on the chalk board... they would bring it to the table . The whole experience was very confusing.... one meal was eaten b4 the other even arrived too.
Please change this bizarre method of ordering or lose customers ( they’ve had many complaints, I was told).
Food was good but not worth this hassle.

1  Thank Linda M