“Lovely Little Place”

Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Horwich
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 December 2016

I've been here a few times. Nice food, decent prices and nice atmosphere
The afternoon tea is great! I live the ice cream, yum!

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

Had the pleasure of visiting here again today, unfortunately we've not visited for a while as we have been so busy, we were welcomed by the lovely Jo and Mags and had a lovely lunch and a good chat with Jo. The staff are so friendly and cant do enough for you to ensure everything is great. I tried their special halloumi burger and it was delicious. A delightful local place to visit, recommended to anyone.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Heard great thing about this place. Unfortunately I was disappointed.
I ordered a goats cheese salad, (not reasonably priced for what I got) expected a little more than iceberg lettuce, 3 olives, a couple of cubes of cucumber and very little cheese.
On a positive note the service was good. Nice decor.

Date of visit: November 2016
2  Thank Joandamy
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Chill @ The Cowshed is now my favourite place to go for a lunch out. The service is exceptional and the menu choice is very good along with a constantly updated specials board. The food presentation is beautiful and it tastes wonderful. You can also opt for a cake to take home with you if you are too full after your lovely meal! There is a lovely ice team bar with a vast choice of flavours. There is a pretty courtyard out the back with three small shops including a gorgeous little gift shop. Overall, I cannot recommend The Cow Shed highly enough. I will go back time and time again.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank Kerrybubbles
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

The Cowshed is a shabby chic warm and welcoming cafe in the centre of Horwich, Bolton. (Great to get your refreshments before ascending Winter Hill ). I only bought takeaway drinks on this occasion but the lady serving even put in my sugar and sweeteners (in a lot of places you have to balance on a small table and do your own) ! Service is quick and friendly and the food is excellent well cooked and the prices very fair.
If taking children there is an ice cream bar ... Good for adults too!
Highly recommended