“Evening meal ”

Sokrates Taverna - Horwich
Reserve with OpenTable
Sokrates Taverna - Horwich is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 95 Restaurants in Horwich
Price range: USD 13 - USD 39
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sokrates Tavern on Winter Hey Lane in Horwich is a relaxed and friendly restaurant serving authentic Greek, Cypriot and Eastern Mediterranean cuisine. The dining room has a rustic and easy-going ambience. When the temperatures are high customers love to dine in the Greek village yard. The focal point of the menu is the Greek Meze Banquet which offers an array of 15 or more dishes served to the middle of the table for people to share over an hour or so. It is a great way to eat with family or friends and enjoy a Feast of Flavours. There is a full A' la Carte menu with dishes like the Greek Island Prawns, Mousaka and not to forget the Greek Souvlaki (skewers) and Lamb Koftas. Desserts like the delicious and very popular Greek Yoghurt cheesecake and home made Baklava. Sokrates Taverna has an excellent selection of red, white and rose wines from Greece and Cyprus.
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to have an evening meal my wife isn't to keen on this type of food but we were both pleasantly surprised food was first class staff were very helpful and friendly I
personally would recommend this establishment

1  Thank Gary W

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

What a lovely genuine friendly greek reastraunt , upon arriving and throughout our visit we felt like part of the family we was treated as if we was returning regular guest amazing ... food well what can I say wow .. took me back to Greece we had the special 2 course for 14.50 meatball starter and souvlaki main .. was tasty tender and well cooked, !! Wanted more ha ha !! Try the cheesecake you won't be disappointed so tasty and left you wanting more .. would I come again hell yeah !!

2  Thank gillianbrady
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We love this little Greek gem.My hubby n I went last night the food,service and atmosphere is excellent,I was slightly gutted that the chicken and spinach had gone off the menu however after taking the recommendation of the lovely member of staff I went for chicken souvlaki and aubergine Oman oh my word it was amazing! Hubby was equally pleased with his jumbo souvlaki ,it really is a fantastic restaurant.

1  Thank lynn m
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

The food was lovely we had the mezze and each dish was tasty. Having never been before the staff explained each dish and which dips complimented them. Staff very welcoming and the surroundings nice and cosy. Definitely recommend to friends and family.

1  Thank Linzi D
Reviewed 7 September 2018

We visited Sokrates Taverna for a birthday meal and I must say that the food and service were both spot on. We were served by a lovely young lady who had a great sense of humor and kept my glass filled all evening. We went for the mezze which was delicious and there was certainly lots of it. The value was good too, couldn't ask for much more!