Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MAG_528926
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri

Great! Cute

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 May 2024
Looks like it was recently remodeled! Cute, homey vibes. Very clean. Very friendly, informative staff. Close to the grand canyon, great location. Very comfortable pillows/bed.
If I were forced to complain about something, our AC was kinda loud in the room, and the outside hot tub could have used a good scrubbing!
Otherwise, we would definitely stay here again.

5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
0.2 km from Squire Resort At The Grand Canyon Bw Signature Collection
Pool
View more hotels in Grand Canyon Village
8,117 results
All reviews bowling alley grand canyon main building best western premier south rim breakfast buffet park entrance game room coronado room best westerns outdoor pool gift shop visitor center room was large minute drive hot tub coffee maker
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 May 2024

I needed an ADA accessible room for my son so I called about a week ahead to have plenty of time to find a different hotel if they could not accommodate us. I spoke with Ty and was told that he would book an ADA accessible room for me. When I arrived, I was told by the manager at the check in desk in an offhanded, rude way that there were none available. She just kept repeating that there was no accessible room available for the 3 of us. I interrupted her at one point because she just kept repeating herself and asked her how I was going to give my son a shower. She rudely stated "Let me finish!" and then she repeated herself again. There was no concern or even an apology that they had messed up. She gave us a room with one of those half walls in the shower which was the absolute worst set up for my son. She did tell me when she gave me the room that this room doesn't have a bathtub so it would be easier for me to get my son in and out of the bath. She does not know my son and has never seen my son. It was rude and presumptuous and she was completely wrong. This changed the whole trip for us and I know that sounds like hyperbole, but when you are traveling with someone with severe disabilities, things like showers and ADA accessible rooms really do matter.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Anna S, Guest Services / Front Office at Squire Resort At The Grand Canyon Bw Signature Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2024

My sincere apologies for your experience here. I am not sure where it went so sideways with your room. You did not book an ADA room, but we would have accommodated the request if we had the room type available. That does not excuse any assumption we made though regarding the level of assistance you needed. I am so very sorry about that. We will use this as an opportunity to train Front Desk. Thank you for sharing this feedback.

Reviewed 10 May 2024

Super comfy beds, friendly staff, and only minutes away from the Grand Canyon!! Thoroughly enjoyed our stay!! And it even snowed in May for this Florida girl!! Highly recommend!! PS: The Potato Bisque soup at the restaurant is fantastic!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2024

My wife and I stayed here for our visit to the Grand Canyon, which is only 15 minutes away.
The lobby was extremely nice and the staff was very friendly & efficient as they were extremely busy @ 5:00 PM.
I was a little hesitant about the extra $20/per day resort fee as the room was $350+

Our room smelled clean, with crisp white sheets, bed and pillows were extra comfortable. Room was reasonably quiet considering how crowded the resort was. Needed some extra comforters which were not in the closet? I loved the shower pressure. We experienced a problem with the jetted tub and were moved to a new room the following day. I want to say that they stepped up to compensate us for the inconvenience which helped my appreciation of the services.

The outside area is tremendous. The outdoor heated pool & hot tub was great. Be wary as the chlorine levels are very high in the pools and hot tubs; especially the indoor ones. The outside area has so much for families & couples: including multiple fire pits with nightly s'mores, full size chess game, and ping pong and drink tables with swing seats. They also have a pub, bowling alley, quick convenience center [snacks] & memorabilia store.

This place did have unlimited free Starbucks coffee, both in the room and up-front in the lobby which came in handy every morning waking up at 5AM to go. Breakfast there (extra cost $20/PP) which was plentiful, great variety and of reasonably good quality. Dinner was excellent [1night] but the staffing shortage was evident! Very slow service. Food is definitely pricey, but that's to be expected right next to the Grand Canyon.

We were also pleasantly surprised to find that the laundry was free to use (you need your own washing/ drying products) which was a great help after a few days hiking in the Canyon.

My main issue was room/ facility maintenance. Extremely slow to respond even with extra time. Wall plugs were so loose, plug cords fell out of them. Fixed my own bathroom door handle.

Overall, I would stay there again

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2024

Positives:
-Great bang for your buck, compared to staying in the Grand Canyon Park.

-Much nicer facilities, than all the hotels in the Park, except for the El Tovar (which you probably need to book a year in advance, as we found out the hard way)

- Great Pool area. Both an indoor heated pool, that appeared well looked after (unlike the one at Ruby's Best Western in Bryce Canyon), and an outdoor pool with plenty of nice, space around it.

- Great location. Literally, only 5 mins drive from the National Park Southern entrance and 5 mins walk from the dining options in Tusayan.

- Friendly, helpful staff.

- Clean rooms and good standard of cleanliness throughout.

Negatives:
- Could do with investing a bit more in maintenance. (Our original room, the door key failed on it twice, meaning we ended up moving to another room, but only after two painful return trips to reception. Nor was it just us, talking to other guests, they told us of similar problems, including doors sticking in their frames, requiring hefty shoves to get into their rooms).
- Breakfast wasn't included in the room rate, and it wasn't that fab for the $20 each (plus tax + tip) they wanted for it either. Probably the worst, or joint worst, breakfast of the eight hotels we stayed in on our 2.5 week road trip.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2024

The price of a one night stay (+$300) was extremely high for a lackluster hotel and the amenities it has. My room had a stained comforter cover, the A/C did not work, and the lobby staff left me on hold for over 45 minutes after numerous calls to the lobby were unanswered.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Anna S, Guest Services / Front Office at Squire Resort At The Grand Canyon Bw Signature Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2024

I am horrified that you had a stained comforter. I am so very sorry about that. In addition, I am sorry about the long hold time and response. I am not sure what occurred, but that is not the experience we want to give. I would argue that it is a lackluster hotel and amenities. We have 2 pools and 2 spas with a nightly dive in movie, complimentary smores around the firepits nightly, complimentary laundry, Wi-Fi, free onsite parking, an arcade and bowling alley, yard games, 2 complimentary water bottles, etc. I hope you return to visit so we can properly wow you.