“Would’ve been excellent...”
Review of Active Tots

Active Tots
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We’ve come many times before and always enjoy, it’s small but perfect for little ones, very clean and a good selection of food/drinks.

Visited today and all is fab, however do not appreciate a ‘you’ve overstayed your maximum 3 hour play’ and wanting to charge us again if we were to stay any longer, thought maybe the car park is too full, ok fair enough... however we’re the only ones in the garden, and back in the soft play there’s only 4 other families. When your visit is already costing £20, you don’t expect to be basically asked to leave or pay extra when it’s not even busy... that’s not great at all.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Warning! Good luck with feeding your baby if you are taking the Baby Led Weaning approach to weaning!

Information on the website regarding bringing your own food if you are weaning your baby is very misleading. My son is 8 months old and is weaning at the moment (with a number of allergies) and was gumming his way through a slice of bread as I waited for my lunch when we were approached by a member of staff (maybe the owner?) who said "I won't take his food from him this time but as you aren't feeding him puree, you need to buy him lunch here next time as we sell what you are feeding him, you should have bought him that sandwich from here". So rude and made me feel so humiliated! Weaning doesn't always equal spoonfed pureed food! My 2 friends were feeding their babies puree pouches from home, but this was apparently ok, even though these are also sold at Active Tots! I could understand her point if I was sitting there tucking into lunch from home but I had ordered from the menu.

Oh, and there was a sign up stating that babies who are weaning up to the age of 12 months can be fed food from home. Very confusing! I won't be going back and have since mentioned my experience to a few friends with babies and they've had a bad experience too (again due to the ridiculous rules and staff rudeness). It is such a shame as is a great concept but not very baby friendly (ironic, really!).

Lots of signs around the place telling us what we shouldn't be doing. These just make most people feel uncomfortable.

I posted this review on their Facebook page and it was promptly removed so it just shows how passionate the owners of Active Tots feel about their customers.

Perhaps they could consider attending a weaning workshop (run for free locally) to familiarise themselves with the modern day approaches to weaning babies. It might help them to have a better understanding of their customers.

6  Thank LizzeyG
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

I love this softplay! Its so clean and no fryed food. Only suitable for under 4 years, which is great for the little ones to build confidence with out getting pushed around.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

This is such a great place to take my son. Twice a week they have under 18m sessions for little babies to play, but even when I've been to a normal session my boy has had no problem from the bigger kids.

The food is fresh and tasty. Definitely worth stopping for a bit of cake after!

Only sight downside is card payments are a minimum of £10 so either take cash or be ready to buy things from the cafe to get your tab up to the required amount.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I reviewed Active Tots a couple of years ago and although I said that it was clean, organised and the food was good, I did mention how unhelpful the unfriendly the staff were.
Having now visited with my 2nd child I am really pleased to report that the (new) staff are now an absolute joy and very friendly & helpful.
I can't speak highly enough of Active Tots and even the drive to back & beyond is worth it!
I will be a regular again now.