“Too many rules! ”
Review of Active Tots

Active Tots
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Lovely soft play for small kids, definitely not enough to keep them entertained beyond about 2.5 but our not quite walking crawlers loved it. Clean. Very hot and stuffy in warm weather. Let down by too many rules. No photography, seriously the only people there have kids with them, they are not interested in taking photos of other people's kids. No food from outside, even for kids yet it took them 30mins to make a cheese sandwich. The food is all made fresh and tasted good, reasonably priced but when kids are involved it needs to be a bit quicker than that! Whatever you do, dont forget your socks, but also make sure you out your shoes on for the garden, and there's some complicated system for moving shoes around the building which I just didn't understand!! I'd go back, but at £5.95 a pop, it's not ah every week outing.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Lovely place for toddler parties, great volume of food, wonderful staff and always impeccably clean. I wouldn't hesitate to book or recommend this place to fellow parents of under 5s (my son is currently 3), we have been to 4 parties here and he has loved them all.

Plus, lots of parking!

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Finished work early and went to meet my wife and son at 1.45pm as they are on summer hours they close at 2pm. When I said I'd just finished work and was popping in to meet then she said we shut at 2pm are you aware I said yes, ok that'll be £2!. The amount of times I've been there and spent a small fortune to be told that after our chat £2 for literally 10 minutes time remaining she'd charge is unbelievable and she didn't see any issue with that nor operate any common sense. Next time I'll wait in the car park. Was looking for a venue for my sons Birthday party needless to say it definitely won't be there now after this lack of customer service or apathy. Poor show.

3  Thank Craig H
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

I was initially put off by some of the reviews online for Active Tots but my neighbour recommended it so I thought I would give it a go.

It was our first soft play experience for my son (7 months) and I. I honestly found the staff welcoming and friendly. The lady at the front explained how it all worked, took our shoes a basket and let us through.

We didn't have any food here but I used the cafe to feed my baby weaning food I had brought along. The cafe was clean and friendly when we went to order drinks.

I couldn't fault the cleanliness. They were cleaning things while we were there and it was less than 30 seconds after I had removed my baby from the high chair when someone came over to clean it ready for the next person.

The location is great and there is plenty of parking. It overlooks horses grazing which my son also enjoyed watching.

The outdoor area had a wide variety of toys. We didn't use the outdoor area as there wasn't much for my baby and the sun was blazing.

It's more expensive than some other places I researched but it was money well spent for 3 happy hours there.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

I love this softplay location, the barn is gorgeous, the equipment is clean and new and the cafe is lovely.
However, I have to mark it down based on the staff; they are rude, patronising and seem to completely hate children and parents.
If you think you may want food whilst there they ask you to setup a tab for your visit, which is fine, however on one recent visit my young son went into total meltdown (for some unknown reason) and when I tried to leave with a kicking, screaming child in my arms they told me that I had not bought anything from the cafe to make up my minimum £10 spend.
There was no attempt to give me the benefit of the doubt and just let me pay for the playtime and drinks purchased earlier....oh no, I still needed to spend £2.95 before I could leave. I was escorted to the cafe area and made to pick 'anything' out by the rude and unyielding lady who just stared blankly at me whilst uttering "you still need to spend £0.95 before you leave". All the while my son was in full blown volcanic eruption and I was sweating from panic and frustration.
Some places that I have visited will go out of their way to assist people, but not here. They really are the most stoic 'customer service' people I've ever met.
Two of my friends refuse to come with me now because they dislike the staff so much.
I recently saw an advert for part time staff and actually considered it for a moment before realising that I would have to work with these people.
It's a great play centre but the staff need some training in customer service and empathy.

4  Thank LadyFarquar69