“A Balinese gem”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
3 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
Bunutan, Karangasem, Bali

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 73 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chinese (Simplified) first
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“A Balinese gem”
Reviewed 16 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

We stayed a week in Katana Villa - what an amazing place to unwind, to be nurtured by the staff, to be treated to amazing food and authentic Balinese warmth and friendliness. The Villa itself was private, safe and a work of true creative art in itself. Close to the beach and good snorkelling, also walking distance to local shops and some nice restaurants. The staff were beyond helpful - we fell in love with each one of them, no question or respectful request was ever too much trouble. We will be back for sure.

Travelling group: Friends
5 May 2017
Thank you very much! We certainly hope you will return! All our best wishes from the entire Katana Staff!
oliverAus...
Australia
“Great People”
Reviewed 17 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

The biggest asset of Katana Villa is the staff. Firstly, Leslie, the owner seems like a lovely person. Although we did not meet her personally, the email contact that I had with her was great. She obviously cares about her staff and was very quick to respond to our inquiries. Then there is Wayan and his wife who prepare a breakfast of fried or boiled egg, toast , delicious Bali coffee and fruit. Wayan also organizes anything you need. He arranged for us to hire a local car and driver for us to do some shopping and phoned a local outfit to pick me up for a couple of dives. He also offered to arrange a masseur come to the property and he took us for a trip to his local village (remember to tip him if you ask him to do this as he does not charge a fee for this) Because Wayan speaks quite good English we were able to ask him about village meetings and traditions and we found it all to be very interesting. Then there is Made Sani, the owner of a local restaurant who also manages the property when Leslie is not there. We ordered some food from her ‘warung’ on the first night in Katana Villa. The food was traditional local Bali fare and very inexpensive. Staff from the restaurant washed up afterwards, which was very welcome after a day of travel. Made Sani is a lovely, knowledgeable and well educated Bali woman who speaks excellent English and who has some good insights about life in Amed. There is also another couple on the property who look after the pool and probably help to prepare the villas between guests.

We stayed two nights in Katana Villa. The property consists of two separate bedroom buildings plus a larger building with a kitchen and living area underneath and a master bedroom, balcony and bathroom area up some stairs. The buildings are quite traditional and rustic with grass roofs and many quirky and unusual features. There is plenty of space in the bedrooms and the garden is huge. The balcony outside the main bedroom has a couch and chair and a nice view over the garden and pool, and through some trees, to the sea. It would be a good place for parents to sit watching children enjoy themselves in the pool. Other reviewers have commented on the water slide which would be fantastic for them. There is a friendly dog, some cats and a monkey on the property. The bed was comfortable and there is plenty of cupboard space. (I do have one wish and that would be for the monkey to be on a longer leash and not put into a cage.)

In summary, although not new and sophisticated, the villas are very roomy and comfortable and the staff are lovely. Katana would also work out to be very good value if you have a large party of friends (according to Wayan the villas will sleep 11 people ) or a couple of families with a number of children. It is not so much a luxury experience with a staff who will wait on you, and cook all your meals, as is the case with some villas in Thailand that we have rented- it is more of a family experience with authentic and warm local people who will tell you about their culture and help you to organize your activities of choice in Amed. While it is possible to do this oneself, it is also quite relaxing not to have to do so. We are also the kind of travelers who enjoy getting to know local people and hearing their stories and so the chance to sit down and converse for a few hours with people who grew up in the local area was very enjoyable and instructive.

5 May 2017
A good staff is definitely where it is at! And thank you for mentioning this. I cherish our staff at Katana Villa... they always make the stay a wonderful experience for our guests. When I first turned my home into a vacation rental... Wayan Dolly asked me how he should treat the guests because he never had that sort of experience before. I simply told him to imagine Katana Villa is HIS HOME and this is how I want him to welcome our guests. Your kind words made my day. I am very proud of my beautiful staff... my balinese family!
elvis150
London, United Kingdom
“The Hidden Gem of Amed”
Reviewed 11 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

We were recently looking for a private villa on East Coast of Amed to organise our wedding next year. I came across Katana and fell in love with it instantly.

As soon as you walk into this hillside hidden gem, you feel like you entered another world. The villa (3 bedroom property with a cool pool - you can swim under a rock!) is just stunning. Talking about attention to detail, when designing this property! They even created stone mosaics with a big butterfly and a gecko in one of the bedrooms! And the bathrooms! And the stone sofa in the living area!

I have seen many properties on my wedding villa hunt but Katana is the most unique and you just don't want to go anywhere else. There is some special energy flowing around, so makes the place perfect to escape the reality. If you are into yoga and meditation, you will feel at home there.

I am looking forward to my big day next year in Katana!

5 May 2017
Thank you so much! All my best wishes for your wedding and for your return one day!
AimeeWQ
Berkeley, California
“The ultimate getaway: luxury, generosity, relaxation, beauty in every detail”
Reviewed 21 June 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Katana Villa, and it was beyond what our imagination could conjure for the ultimate getaway. First off, every detail was beautifully, artistically, and uniquely created. It's soothing to see beauty everywhere you look. Secondly, the staff was amazing. We felt so well taken care of. Made Sani and Wayan were wonderful and went above and beyond to make us feel at home and cared for. I now understand why so many people say this is the best place to stay in Bali. It was actually the nicest place I've ever stayed in all my travels, period. It's a perfect place for pretty much any gathering: it was perfect for our honeymoon, but I can see how it would also be great for kids, excellent for a family reunion, or great fun for a group of friends. The two-story pool was amazing. The slide was great fun, as was the pool tunnel/cave. The photos don't do this magical place justice. Stay here... you won't regret it. I can't wait to return.

5 May 2017
Thank you so much Aimee! Everyone is doing well and we have not forgotten your times at Katana. We hope to see you again!
The_Bali...
Seminyak, Indonesia
“too short stay...but perfect!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

When i arrived at Katana Villa with my family, I instantaneously knew that 3 nights here were not going to be enough... We were greeted by Made and Wayan, both super friendly and very helpful.
The villa is just amazing. Very original in terms of colors, material, it is also really comfortable. The beddings are really great as well as the feather pillows! All 3 bedrooms are completely different and all very charming and highly decorated with great mix of influences.
The pool has a great shape and the water slide and fountains (that we can stop when we want) are perfect addition. The sea views are simply stunning and sunrise was amazing.

Breakfast were simple but great, diner at the villa (ordered from Made's restaurant) was perfect to enjoy the villa even more but there is room for improvement for the quality of food. It was perfect not to have to go out every night though.
Internet was fast for Bali standard

Will definitely be back. Highly recommended. Also considering how all the booking process with Leslie was super easy.

Benjamin

Travelling group: Family
5 May 2017
Thank you Benjamin! We hope to welcome you back one day!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing