All reviews free shuttle trincity mall shuttle service yogurt an overnight stay free breakfast following morning every hour on the hour trinidad wayne proximity midnight taxis hie
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Hotel is not IHG standards. That hotel has its own rules. False advertising that rooms are equipped with the basic amenities that any IHG hotels have in North America. Breakfast u can get that anywhere. It was just basic. No fruit like pineapple, mangoes, papaya, just bananas and apples that you get in Canada or the USA. All cutlery, plates and milk is locked up by 12 noon. We had to buy our own. We had to use coffee mate if u wanted a cup of tea in the evening . No vacuum to do the floors, used a broom. Beds not made even though sign was out for service. Only the suites come with basic amenities. In North America all rooms have the basic amenities. Not the case with other rooms. I received a suite cause I called the hotel in Trinidad and made noise, that when I booked the site stated all rooms come with all the amenities only to find out only the suites have that, not the other rooms. So u are paying more for basic amenities, which is absolutely ridiculous! The manager is saying as well as other staff they will be renovating. Why if you own a hotel, can u not spend money yearly to keep your hotel looking like alll the other IHG hotels in the group. It is definitely not the standard of any Holiday Inn in North America! If you have a car, u don’t wait until it breaks down to do an oil change do you? The owner of this hotel owns Trincity Mall, so he has to have funds to spread over to his hotel. The walls in the rooms are dirty, it’s dark in the rooms, lamp shades have to be removed to get more light. The dining room is also dark, the carpet dirty and ripped, the chairs are also so dirty you don’t even want to sit in them. Why pick colours that show how dirty everything is. This hotel does not reflect how any of the other hotels are in the IHG group. Something needs to be done as they should not be allowed to carry the brand Holiday Inn if they cannot live up to its standards! You are paying $171 U.S. a night for a hotel that is well below any standard of an IHG hotel. Even water is locked up. Other IHG hotels snacks are at the front for guests to take or purchase. Their snacks are a small bottle of water or a roll of mentos candy that they keep in a bucket under the front counter. Classy, very classy! My question is, has the owner or the manger of the hotel ever travelled outside of Trinidad and stayed in any hotel? If so, how could u want your name associated or feel proud that this is your hotel? Until some serious changes are made I do not recommend any one to stay at this hotel. And if I ever stay there again, I will have one of my family go check it out first to make sure their renovations are done. You cannot go by the pictures their website shows as it definitely not the way it looks in person. Plus it’s been 2 years they have said they are renovating, nothing done yet. If everyone keeps staying at that hotel, and giving them your money no changes will be made. You have to hurt them in their pocket book to see changes made! At the end of the day we all work just as hard for our money and we are willing to pay for what is advertised. Here are some pics of the bathroom and shower. My stay was Sept. 22-Sept.29, 2018.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Ingrid V
WarrenS1165, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Hello Ingrid V,

There is nothing to say but sincerest apologies for the experiences during your stay. Your points are all valid and as we transition we will certainly take them to heart. I can certainly guarantee that the changes are coming in the short to medium term, and please feel free to contact me directly before your next planned stay and I will personally ensure your room meets your expectations, once the renovations have actually begun.

My apologies again and please feel free to contact me directly at warren.sinanan@hcltt.com for your next stay.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

I arrived at the airport late, website said free shuttle until midnight, it was quarter to midnight when I phoned the hotel, too late! no more shuttles. So I had to add the cost of the taxi to the night's stay. This place is not cheap in price, I was expecting more. The room smelled gross, mildewy. I woke up with a stuffed nose. Its true you couldn't hear the airplanes, but probably not because of the sound insulation, just because the air conditioner was so noisy! The carpet was poorly fitted and stained, both in the hallway and in the room. The wifi worked well. Front desk staff were pleasant. However the smell and noise in the room make this a below standard place to stay.

Room tip: don't go to room 223, noisy air conditioner.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Sandra H
Warren S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Sandra H,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review your experience. We sincerely apologise for the disappointments with the lack of shuttle as well as the condition of the room and internal noise level.

We will be renovating our entire property and all of these issues should be laid to rest. If you are ever coming to Trinidad again and wish to consider us, please contact me directly at warren.sinanan@hcltt.com and I will do my best to ensure a better stay than this last one.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

We didn't realise the hotel was in the middle of nowhere, so with no restaurant or bar on location you have to use the shuttle to the mall( which is less than 5 mins away) to get anything to eat. And the mall closes at 7 so after that KFC or Pizza hut are the only option they give for delivery
All hotel staff have been pleasant except for one lady who works at the reception desk who is rude every time we have to deal with her , she is absolutely difficult.
We are here until Sunday. Today is a bank holiday no one said anything, no one suggested anything to do or incomes us that most places would be closed.

I almost forgot to mention the breakfast....it's absolutely sub par !!!!!! The "continental " breakfast and not full as advertised doesn't have much options and is usually empty by 9 and they don't make more even though some sites advertised until 10.

This is the 2nd Holiday Inn I've stayed at and definitely the last. I've worked in the hotel industry for 17 years I know what service excellence is and I don't think they do

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Morissa G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay - let me firstly apologise for the disappointment with our service and your overall stay. While we always try to offer the best service to our guests, these times do ensure that we do not get complacent and slip up. We will use your comments to go to our various teams to continue to improve.

Should you ever be in Trinidad again, please contact me directly before your arrival and I will personally do my best to ensure that all of your expectations are met.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

My family and I had to stay a few days in Trinidad and we picked this hotel because it is close to the airport and the shuttle will pick you up at the airport. We had a wonderful stay, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff courteous and accommodating and the shuttle will take you to the mall where you can do some shopping and visit the restaurants. We had a fantastic stay and will definitely be back next visit to Trinidad.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Warren S, Assistant Manager - Hotel Operations at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Kamaria N,

Thank you for choosing us and for your positive comments. We are happy that you and your family had a good time and will consider us for future visits.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

This was a great experience for me as I had had a bad one when this Hotel opened and they stated that they accepted AMEX and when I reached the Hotel I was told the it was not Accepted. I decided to try again but this time I used a VISA card. the experience was great nice bedding, great breakfast and friendly staff.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Warren S, Assistant Manager - Hotel Operations at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Hello Henry B,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and also for giving us a second chance. Please note that we do definitely accept AMEX cards now and there are no issues with the cards. Your comments on the breakfast and Staff will be relayed to them.

We look forward to seeing you again.