“Basic hotel with good views”
Review of Hotel Dell'Arpa

Hotel Dell'Arpa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Viggiano
Reviewed 8 July 2015

The hotel is a bit dated but clean. The view from the balcony is great and breakfast was reasonable. International TV stations were available but WIFI was limited to one password per device, not sure if we could have had multiple passwords. Unfortunately our shower was cold on our second night stay at night and also cold very early the next morning. A short walk to the main piazza and some nice cafes.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 September 2014 via mobile

Accommodation was in a lovely clean hotel. Staff were lovely considering we were there at the bussiest time of the year.

The meals we had in the hotel were also lovely & well prepared.

Accommodation, food & service were excellent & well worth the price.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hotel Dell'Arpa provided my family the most courteous service and modern facilities that were a pleasant surprise for the quaint mountain town of Viggiano. The staff was very helpful and attended to all our needs. Language was not a problem. In the morning, Maria makes great Cappuccino. We experienced true Italian cusine and service in the restaurant.
I will recommend Hotel Dell'Arpa to all my friends or relatives who may visit Viggiano.

Room Tip: All rooms have been recently modernized.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ltcAtlanta
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed here two nights in May 2014. He hotel has been totally renovated since my stay in 1978 and 1987 and has a clean, new feel to it. Tile is everywhere. The staff is helpful although only one man spoke broken english. The doors opened to a small balcony with a fantastic view of the valley below. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom perfect. My only complaints are that the soundproofing in the rooms is poor and you can hear everything in the hall as if it was in the room. The other complaint is that the electrical system is confusing and hard to know which switch to turn what on. You have to leave your key in a slot by the door in order to turn on and keep on the electricity. Never could figure out the ac or how to turn on the tv, although I did not need the tv anyway. The breakfast buffet was typical continental fare only. There are a few parking places in the front with more parking in the rear although it is difficult to drive there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ralph1948
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed here for one night only on 17th October on business.
I arrived very late and left very early so only have a limited view of the facilities on offer.
My room and bathroom were spotlessly clean, the bed was very comfortable and I slept well;
the shower was good and shampoo/body wash supplied.
The room was rather bland and could do with a couple of wall pictures.
The room was quite cold and as I was very tired I didn't mess around to see how to work the heating controls.
Breakfast was very basic. I didn't see or get offered any hot food, but did enjoy the tea, yoghurt and croissant I ate.
As I was waiting to be picked up i had a look in the conference suite on ground floor and can only describe the view as incredible overlooking the valley below the town.
All in a good 3 star hotel, if I'd had a longer stay I'm sure I'd have been impressed further to give a higher rating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank cairngrassie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Viggiano
3.6 km away
27.7 km away
Grotta dell'Eremita
Grotta dell'Eremita
#1 of 2 in Castelmezzano

Been to Hotel Dell'Arpa? Share your experiences!