“Pleasant coffee house with added benefits”

Fredericks Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great coffee even the decaffeinated was great. Lovely cakes and other snacks. Relaxed atmosphere and simple settings. The library downsstairs is a novelty.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Went in for coffee and cake. Risked the strangely titled lemon and courgette. I was not disappointed. It was beautiful very moist and the icing on top perfect. Only downside I thought the seats were a little uncomfortable. Will definitely be going again.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Waiting for Cinema next door to open, so popped into Fredericks for a quick cuppa. Were welcomed as soon as we opened the door, a couple were just leaving as we entered, so we had a table, as it was quite busy inside. (There is more seating downstairs) You order and pay at the counter, and did not wait long for out pot of tea for 2, lovely. There is a good selection of hot and cold food, and drinks. Would visit again.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I had heard lots about the tearoom attached to the cinema so was looking forward to my visit. I found it very disappointing. I wondered if it had changed hands. The hot chocolate was so strong, luke warm and the teacake was dry with hardly any currants and not enough butter. I also felt it was expensive. I did not have cream on my hot chocolate but marshmallows. I asked if I had been charged for the cream and the waitress then commented 'Oh I've forgotten to charge you for the marshmallows", which apparently is the same price as with cream too. She then changed the price and added an extra 50p without any apology. So will not be visiting again. I got beautiful scones with jam and two cups of tea for two people in Herne Bay for less than the cost I paid for one at Fredericks Tearooms.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

A little disappointed with afternoon tea for the price, good service. Sandwiches lovely just needed a few more. Scone tasty.