“Never Again”

Fredericks Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2018

I had heard lots about the tearoom attached to the cinema so was looking forward to my visit. I found it very disappointing. I wondered if it had changed hands. The hot chocolate was so strong, luke warm and the teacake was dry with hardly any currants and not enough butter. I also felt it was expensive. I did not have cream on my hot chocolate but marshmallows. I asked if I had been charged for the cream and the waitress then commented 'Oh I've forgotten to charge you for the marshmallows", which apparently is the same price as with cream too. She then changed the price and added an extra 50p without any apology. So will not be visiting again. I got beautiful scones with jam and two cups of tea for two people in Herne Bay for less than the cost I paid for one at Fredericks Tearooms.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

A little disappointed with afternoon tea for the price, good service. Sandwiches lovely just needed a few more. Scone tasty.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

The cafe is 'quaint' and extremely clean, however the food, ref the portion size is expensive. Moreover, the seating is not very comfortable and it is chilly in the winter because of the large single glazed windows. Finally, the staff have an overly 'brisk'
attitude and rarely smile.

1  Thank maspas625
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Went with hubby for a cream tea, just walked in and straight away we were looked after and given a most tasty and delicious selection of sandwiches, scone with clotted cream and jam and a choice of a huge slab of cake! I chose the carrot cake which was to die for and hubby had a panini but helped me with the sweet stuff!! Generous pot of tea which was kindly refilled! Enjoyed so much I have booked this time for another cream tea (lunch!) Highly recommend - and the staff were lovely!

1  Thank janewells2017
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Excellent coffees and "treat" food and friendly service. Went for a spell with not so good service but pleased to see it has improved.